..let me get this straight

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..a message that's essentially critical of Amir and Amir as the apparent moderator closes the thread. Isn't that pretty much a crock?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The thread was closed because the person doing the critiquing of me suggested we do so:

Mind you, I am not sure what track this thread is actually on at this point - a search and rescue team with GPS would have trouble finding where it started now. It may perhaps be time to shut up shop on this one and call it a mercy killing. I have a feeling further discussion may prove circular, and unhelpful.

It was seconded:

Hello Andrew - I'll second that.

Then this:
Andrew it is then. I will wait for the management team to chime in to see what their thoughts are on closing the thread. Until then, let's all try to stay on topic. ;)

Tom

Tom did that and I agreed that we should close it. Not because it had anything to do with me but the direction it took.

If folks want it back open, I am happy to do so but will hold any such personal accountable for the results.

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
..a message that's essentially critical of Amir and Amir as the apparent moderator closes the thread. Isn't that pretty much a crock?

Crock as in:

It happens?

It doesn't happen?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

as a person not likely to be accused of sucking up to Amir, it was time to close that thread and move on. I read no defensiveness in the decision. just my view.

you do have a point technically.

people said what they needed to say.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The thread was closed because the person doing the critiquing of me suggested we do so:

It was seconded:

Then this:

Tom did that and I agreed that we should close it. Not because it had anything to do with me but the direction it took.

If folks want it back open, I am happy to do so but will hold any such personal accountable for the results.

It was handled properly Amir and exactly like you said. I think we have 3 threads going on various "criticisms". Is this the fourth now?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I can't see any reasonable grounds for disagreeing with the decision and there are more important and enjoyable topics for us to pursue so let's move on.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It seems awfully quiet around here now...almost like the calm after a snow storm...
Not to worry Christian....you know this crowd...it'll rear it's (insert of your choice) again. LOL!

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..ok guess it wasn't a crock after all....BFD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing