Looking for a DAC... Older Lampizator vs Ayon?

ephemera

Oct 7, 2024
Poland
Hello everyone, it's my first thread here :)

I'm looking for an used DAC for my current setup, which is mostly Naim equipment. I was considering two options in my budget - Ayon Kronos and Lampizator Big 7 with engine ELEVEN.

Both are tubed with rather good reviews. Kronos is newer (mid 2022) and has good (from what I know) preamp built-in. Big 7 is much older but it was upgraded to engine eleven, no preamp by default - I see one on a local auction, the price is similar to Kronos, but noone is interested in it. I'm afraid that in the future it will be a bigger problem to sell it.. I can borrow Ayon, but I can't borrow that Lampi to compare...

What is your suggestion? Or maybe something else?

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu