Looking for help with what to do with these tubes

virustwin

Jan 13, 2023
Hi guys. New to the forum and I need some advice. My grandfather who passed away some years ago was an electrician and recently, going through his stuff, we found two boxes of vacuum tubes. I’m an audiophile myself but I have no equipment to use or test them. My wife catalogued them into a document which I will attach. She only did one box so far so I’m asking if anyone can tell me if these are worth selling or anything for that matter. I cant say if they work or not but they seem to be in good condition with many still in boxes. Any help is welcome. Thanks much

T

Here’s a link to the pdf since it’s too large to attach here:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, virustwin!

Reactions: virustwin

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
@virustwin - Just a thought, below is a link to Brent Jessee's website (tube resller) , reputable man from my purchasing dealings with him. On the linked page you can use it to link to further pages of tubes he carries,. You may be able to find the ones that you have and determine their respective retail price ( assuming he has them ). Worse case , you can contact him and see if he would purchase them at a price below retail. Good luck whichever way you proceed.

Reactions: virustwin

virustwin

Jan 13, 2023
@virustwin - Just a thought, below is a link to Brent Jessee's website (tube resller) , reputable man from my purchasing dealings with him. On the linked page you can use it to link to further pages of tubes he carries,. You may be able to find the ones that you have and determine their respective retail price ( assuming he has them ). Worse case , you can contact him and see if he would purchase them at a price below retail. Good luck whichever way you proceed.

really appreciate the heads up. im gonna check out the link now and see where it leads me.. :)

Reactions: facten

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
really appreciate the heads up. im gonna check out the link now and see where it leads me
Don't hesitate to reach out to Brent , I have found him pretty easy to communicate with

Reactions: mourip

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing