Lyra Phono Pipe Cable

Catcher10

Dec 28, 2018
Looking for info/opinions if anyone is using this phono cable by Lyra, the Phono Pipe. It's listed on Lyra website as 32pF for a 120cm cable, I like the very low cap spec. Based on what JCarr has mentioned in the past here, using a low cap cable would yield the highest performance from Lyra carts. My current phono cable is an AudioQuest Cougar which I am trying to confirm with AQ right now as I wrote on the box 40pF/m, its a 1.5m cable so 60pF total.
Thanks in advance!

I have one but my phono stage, Naim Superline, is one J Carr has stated won’t benefit from it. Nevertheless I like it a lot with an Ortofon SPU Century and also a Goldring 1042 into a stageline N. With my Proteus or a Denon 103 it tends to the analytical, I’m not sure about the SPU Royal either. I’ve never had a Lyra cartridge or any other that sticks its cantilever out the front like that, they make me too nervous.

Reactions: Catcher10
I have one but my phono stage, Naim Superline, is one J Carr has stated won’t benefit from it. Nevertheless I like it a lot with an Ortofon SPU Century and also a Goldring 1042 into a stageline N. With my Proteus or a Denon 103 it tends to the analytical, I’m not sure about the SPU Royal either. I’ve never had a Lyra cartridge or any other that sticks its cantilever out the front like that, they make me too nervous.
Thank you for the info.....Much appreciated!

I tried at home with Lambda sl,ch Phono and also with new Erodion sut with P1 in MM
Was a delusion because a dark sound
Cannot believe and brought to try in the system of my friend with Atlas sl
Same result
Gave back
Immediately to italian friend distributor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing