Mass order of KR242 from KR Audio

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Do you find any difference between them?

Good question. I had a lot of gear/accessory component changes happening when the different 242's arrived. Then I experimented with some other exotic power tubes, but never sat down and did any hard core, focused comparisons, regular KR to RK.

I *think* I have a slight preference for RK, but this can of course be system dependent. I'd need to do further testing.

Both versions are really good. Definitely my favorites of current production power tubes. Of course when I say "current production", the RK's were limited production from 6-8 years ago and can't be purchased anymore.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I still use 242's, I just have too many of them as I bought backups of backups, and I am feeding two Lampi DHT DAC's. I just over-bought.

I also roll in PT14's with custom adapters. So, PT14's and 242's.
What are the differences you hear better the PT14s and the 242s?

I have a balanced Pacific 2 and I'm contemplating tube changes.

cpcat

Jun 20, 2016
South Carolina
Still waiting…. I emailed and received a response in May from Lukasz that I was ”in the queue “ and haven’t heard anything since. I emailed again in August and no response.

I haven’t even heard of the PT14 being used. Guess I need to do some research.

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
What are the differences you hear better the PT14s and the 242s?

I have a balanced Pacific 2 and I'm contemplating tube changes.

Sorry, I somehow missed this question earlier. PT14 have more resolution/clarity/transparency. 242's are still very good though.

Reactions: lordcloud

cpcat

Jun 20, 2016
South Carolina
Sorry, I somehow missed this question earlier. PT14 have more resolution/clarity/transparency. 242's are still very good though.
What heater setting?

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
PX4

Reactions: cpcat

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing