MBL 101e

luk71

May 17, 2016
hi,
the MBL 101e MKII model has been on the market for some time. is it possible that a new version will come out soon?

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Hope it will stay current for many more years!

Judging from how long it took to go from 101E MkI to MII (about ten years I believe), it will be at least two or three more years. I got mine when they first came out.

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
I was reminded by FaceBook with a photo from 9 years ago of my room with the 101E MkIIs. Thus, MBLs are more than 10 years old since I had purchased them. Pleasantly surprising that 101E MkIIs are still current model even after ten years. Who else has such a long product life for speakers? Wilson or Magico would have replaced the model at least three times by now.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I was reminded by FaceBook with a photo from 9 years ago of my room with the 101E MkIIs. Thus, MBLs are more than 10 years old since I had purchased them. Pleasantly surprising that 101E MkIIs are still current model even after ten years. Who else has such a long product life for speakers? Wilson or Magico would have replaced the model at least three times by now.
Good point.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Unlike other speaker manufacturers, I wonder why.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing