MBL Extremes

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Mike said it was good show and he apparently sold a MBL Extreme System - just installed it this past Thursday. Awesome looking system.

MPS

Jun 20, 2016
Finland
I heard pretty much exactly similar system and quite honestly, it was one of the most impressive I've ever heard. The room was not optimal but the potential that those speakers presented was huge. Sound is very unique so it will likely divide people as whether it is to their liking or not but there is no question about the quality of it. I would presume that the final outcome is more depending on the room and it's optimization than normal but without a doubt, anybody seriously considering would be prepared to do whatever it takes to get all out their beautiful system.

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
I heard pretty much exactly similar system and quite honestly, it was one of the most impressive I've ever heard. The room was not optimal but the potential that those speakers presented was huge. Sound is very unique so it will likely divide people as whether it is to their liking or not but there is no question about the quality of it. I would presume that the final outcome is more depending on the room and it's optimization than normal but without a doubt, anybody seriously considering would be prepared to do whatever it takes to get all out their beautiful system.

One of the most attractive things about these speakers is their adjustability, which enables them to work successfully in most rooms, even smaller ones. As small as 14’ x 14’ according to MBL.

Ken

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Every time I have heard MBL I have been blown away both audibly and visually along with their staff has always been very accommodating. True ambassadors of the sport.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Every time I have heard MBL I have been blown away both audibly and visually along with their staff has always been very accommodating. True ambassadors of the sport.
I have never purchased new MBL
equipment, but have always
received amazing service when
I needed anything from Berlin.
Amplifier history before purchasing
used. missing manuals after.
Once I inquired about ideal room
dimensions for 101 E’s and
potentially X-Stremes and was
contacted with a full drawing and
all available literature.

Reactions: MJB and Kcin

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
One of the most attractive things about these speakers is their adjustability, which enables them to work successfully in most rooms, even smaller ones. As small as 14’ x 14’ according to MBL.

Ken

Having four towers in small room is too visually imposing. i think a bigger room will be more suitable. With an appropriate room, they are the best speakers in the world without any question!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
MBL systems I have heard at the Singapore distributor sounded absolutely awesome, playing CD's.

They are the real deal.

Reactions: Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing