Most effective demo sound track ever

Silje Nergaard is someone, jazzy that has a wealth of Good songs for demo of Tone, and frequency balanse and driver integration purposes.
Ah, and the voice. That glorius voice..,

Last edited:
Here's a track that I like to play in others' systems (as well as on mine):

It's a live recording. I consider it as a very good recording. There's a nice balance between the different instruments. Stan Getz' saxophone should have body and presence on all registers and not sound distant and squeaky (as it sounds if you listen to the video on your phone). Kenny Barron's piano, especially his solo, should sound very lively (it is nicely recorded) - bright in the "good sense" (so bright it sparkles). All the instruments should get plenty of space. I like the music, so I feel the sound should be engaging and convincing, and even though I have heard this track hundreds of times, I still can be impressed. This is the type of music I like to listen to in a dark quiet room (and with my eyes closed). Shows and even audiophile gatherings in people's homes are unfortunately not ideal settings.

From the same album, this track is lovely as well:

Sorry guys, it's only available on CD, not on vinyl, AFAIK, but it sounds (or I should say "can sound") damn good!

Last edited:
i think there is an inherent conflict between the idea of "most EFFECTIVE demo track" and "most SALES" of a demo track. however; it seems like your aim is what demo track is the most popular. get's the most use. thinking about that makes my mind numb.

i'll come at this from another perspective. over the last 20 years, the track that i play to visitors that get's cited the most, as blowing their minds for being a live event right here right now is easily the 45rpm version of "Georgia" off the Ben Webster "Live at the Renaissance". played at Warp 11.

great live recording, great performance, and the media and system take full advantage. shows off all the attributes of the Big Rig. it has sparkle, tone, astonishing dynamics, and flow. the group just clicks. the live jazz club venue ambience lays itself out. and the supporting players are top notch. Ben's opening flourish is fully life like in the room; the power, liquidity, energy of the horn just perfect. at about 1 minute in, the drum whack can hit the low 200's on dart 468 'peak' RMS read out. THAT get's everyone's full attention. zero smear on that peak.

if you cannot play this at 'live' levels then don't bother as a demo track. it's a nice cut that sounds good. but at "live" levels (if you have the right tool for that) it transforms into a monster.

frigg'n effective for sure.

plenty of others to choose from. but pretty much this one captures everyone every time. and i rarely hear it at audio shows. and never, ever, like in my room.

View attachment 132543
What an amazing album. Love it!

George

its available on vinyl, it was pressed in '83. Cheap as chips too, I snagged a M- copy for around €10
exactly best things in life are cheap. the live recording LP "Silversand" is also excellent 10-
12€
51e27a19EGL._UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_.jpg

Reactions: puroagave
Schiller Symphonia Lp a great live recording demo track.
From by sound magician christoph von deylen with a symphony orchestra is the best that has been pressed on vinyl in the last ten years. unfortunately no longer cheap today 120-150€ in mint.

My vote goes to the Talking Heads live. Little to no compression and dynamics through the roof. Absolutely no mercy at 100 db at the listening spot. Every song is a test track. "Take me to the river" is the pinnacle.

Attachments

• shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    739.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Lavigne

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu