Munich High-End 2018 Ron Report: Aesthetix

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Jim White, the Founder of Aesthetix, and one of the very nicest and most genuine and honest people in all of high-end audio, was proudly showcasing several new and interesting products.

IMG_0045.JPG

Aesthetix Pallene

The Aesthetix Pallene preamplifier is an all-new preamp with DAC, phono and headphone options. It features fully-balanced vacuum tube circuitry and a discrete switched resistor voulime control based on the Calypso preamplifier.

This very flexible and configurable preamp employs one 6DJ8/6922 per channel and utilizes a custom-wound transformer.

IMG_0046.JPG

Aesthetix Mimas

Combining the Calypso line stage and the Atlas power amplifier, the new Mimas Integrated Amplifier features zero feedback, differential, balanced-bridged outputs. The Mimas, like the Atlas, features custom-wound transformers. The Mimas costs a relatively reasonable EUR7,950.

Aesthetix Mimas Specifications

Inputs: 5 balanced and single-ended.

Outputs: Preamp output, balanced and single-ended. One balanced speaker output per channel. Headphone 1?4”.

I/O: RS232: 1 DB9 connector; IR extender; full function remote control.

Trigger: Input / output 1/8” mono jack.

Dimensions: 17 7/8” x 17 11/16” x 5 1/2” / 43.4 x 44.9 x 14 cm.

Boxed: 22” x 22” x 10” / 55.8 x 55.8 x 25.4 cm.

Weight: 41Lbs / 18.6Kg Stand alone; Boxed 50Lbs / 22.7Kg.

Tubes: One 6DJ8 / 6922 per channel.

Power Output: 150 WPC, both channels driven into 8 ohms.

Options: Phono: MM / MC. Gain / loading front panel & remote adjustable.

DAC: 2 x RCA, 2 x TosLink, 1 x USB 24bit / 352k, DSD & DSD2.

IMG_0047.JPG

Atlas Mono Eclipse

The Atlas Mono Eclipse is the lastest version of the highly-regarded Atlas amplifier. I have listened to the Atlas Signature extensively in the system of a friend who uses them to drive MBL 101E Mk. II loudspeakers.

I personally prefer the Atlas to drive MBLs over MBL’s own amplifiers. The solid-state output stage of the Atlas is powerful enough to control the radialstrahler drivers but the tube input stage adds a bit of much-needed (in my opinion) sweetness and warmth.

I think the Atlas is a great answer for any tube amp aficionado who has to solve a system-building equation which requires high current capability.

IMG_0031.JPG

I personally am a huge fan of Aesthetix products, and I have been a huge fan for a very long time. I have happily owned an Io since 1997. Jim presently is in the process of upgrading my Io to Eclipse status with two power supplies. In addition, I recently ordered a Callisto Eclipse with two power supplies.

myrman

Aug 30, 2016
Has anyone here heard the Mimas yet? I'm interested to hear anyone's thoughts.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing