Munich high-end show 2016: Who here is going?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
How about we try to get together on Friday evening to compare notes so that we can catch on Saturday what we might have missed ?

With numbers, I can try to book something.

Brenner Grill is already fully booked for Friday night !

That is a very helpful offer and if we are going to get together over a meal we we'll need to move quickly.
Dinner Friday night 7.30 - 8.00pm would be good. but I'm not a fan of German cuisine which hopefully is not a problem for anybody else.
So yes count me in

Sencha

Nov 11, 2013
U.K.
I'm in too as I wasn't able to go last year. Food on fridaynight sounds like a great chance to meet all of you guys.

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
I am in. Guess we'll have to pool numbers or do it the old fashioned way!

Beau

How about we try to get together on Friday evening to compare notes so that we can catch on Saturday what we might have missed ?

With numbers, I can try to book something.

Brenner Grill is already fully booked for Friday night !

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
I have been talking with BMW Welt, and it looks like I can arrange something there for the Friday evening. There are several food options on which I am collecting information.

For those of you who have not been there, it's quite a place and lots to see for car lovers

I am also looking in to the possibility of what might be arrange able for us music lovers

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I will be going to the Munich show this year (and this year only).

I would be delighted to meet in person any WBF members who also are going!

If you don't spend a minimum of 2 hours in the Western Electric/Silbatone room on the 1st floor, I am not talking to you again.

To Sujay - Et tu, brute

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
If you don't spend a minimum of 2 hours in the Western Electric/Silbatone room on the 1st floor, I am not talking to you again. . . .

I promise I will! One reason I am going to this show is for horn immersion therapy!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I promise I will! One reason I am going to this show is for horn immersion therapy!

That's not just a horn. It's the first speaker ever made, with drivers by Bell Labs using loads of R&D spend for sound quality instead of WAF looks.

If you like it, you won't like the rest of the hifi. If you don't then fine.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . If you like it, you won't like the rest of the hifi. If you don't then fine.

I am very curious to hear it. (I am not as "white and black" as you are. I might like the Western Electric (for certain things), but still like planars as well (for other things).)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am very curious to hear it. (I am not as "white and black" as you are. I might like the Western Electric (for certain things), but still like planars as well (for other things).)

I like planars too. Wait till you see the overpriced gear in the rest of the rooms with fantasy price tags and poor SQ in many cases

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
I would like to go, but will not spend 3,000.00 to go. No show is worth spending this kind of money when I can go to Axpona, Rocky Mountain , CES. Those shows cost less than 1,000.00 to go to.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
I would like to go, but will not spend 3,000.00 to go. No show is worth spending this kind of money when I can go to Axpona, Rocky Mountain , CES. Those shows cost less than 1,000.00 to go to.

For Hotel I am paying Euro 140 a night at the Pullman Munich, booked this week

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Thanks to forum members here, I called up BMW Welt and discovered that a 160 m2 space was available for Friday night. A quick call to Geoffrey Armstrong at Sound Galleries in Monaco, and he gave me the green light to organize an event at BMW Welt to launch the Sound Galleries Music Server

With this space we should be able to achieve a very good sound. Public visiting time will be from 2pm till 7pm. Then there is ticketed event from 7:30 to 9 pm with food and drinks

Both the T+A PDP-3000HV and the T+A DAC 8 DSD will be showing their sonic abilities being driven at DSD 512 by the Sound Galleries Music Server doing realtime PCM to DSD 512, and DSD 64 to DSD 512 using HQ Player

I will be visiting Munich next week to finalize the arrangements, and the special food and drink prices for What's Best forum and Computer Audiophile members.

Hope to see you there, it should be fun and a sonic delight

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks to forum members here, I called up BMW Welt and discovered that a 160 m2 space was available for Friday night. A quick call to Geoffrey Armstrong at Sound Galleries in Monaco, and he gave me the green light to organize an event at BMW Welt to launch the Sound Galleries Music Server

With this space we should be able to achieve a very good sound. Public visiting time will be from 2pm till 7pm. Then there is ticketed event from 7:30 to 9 pm with food and drinks

Both the T+A PDP-3000HV and the T+A DAC 8 DSD will be showing their sonic abilities being driven at DSD 512 by the Sound Galleries Music Server doing realtime PCM to DSD 512, and DSD 64 to DSD 512 using HQ Player

I will be visiting Munich next week to finalize the arrangements, and the special food and drink prices for What's Best forum and Computer Audiophile members.

Hope to see you there, it should be fun and a sonic delight

That's great.
Interestingly I've got a T+A PDP 3000 HV arriving in the next week or two for a home audition.
Have heard extremely good reports on it.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
What's your current DAC and Player software - computer system
?
My digital is a DCS Puccini/Scarlatti but(and see the Vivaldi thread) I am auditioning a Scarlatti Transport and DAC with my clock.
It's impressive but I will try the T+A before deciding.
I don't do a lot of downloading at the moment and mainly play discs.
The rest of my system is on my profile.

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
That is a very helpful offer and if we are going to get together over a meal we we'll need to move quickly.
Dinner Friday night 7.30 - 8.00pm would be good. but I'm not a fan of German cuisine which hopefully is not a problem for anybody else.
So yes count me in

count me in too. By the way, I have provisionally booked t the Pullman as well

Cheers

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
My digital is a DCS Puccini/Scarlatti but(and see the Vivaldi thread) I am auditioning a Scarlatti Transport and DAC with my clock.
It's impressive but I will try the T+A before deciding.
I don't do a lot of downloading at the moment and mainly play discs.
The rest of my system is on my profile.

I know someone with a used Scarlatti stack for sale. PM me for more info if interested.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing