Murasakino Sumile Mono Cartridge

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
A few C-D and the Buffalo Springfield box set that has mono and stereo mixes of all their albums
IMG_1927.jpeg

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
How are you finding the Sumile Mono cartridge to be performing in transducing these recordings … have you found your optimal setup with the cartridge ?
Extremely happy with the Sumile mono. Excellent at retrieving information from the grooves. What has surprised me is the tracking ability. There are many records which I had thought were sub-par sounding that are transformed. The difference is most notable with brass instruments

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Mainly G-H. The Gillespie/Getz 10” is the only one that doesn’t sound great, but no one should be able to play trumpet that fast :cool: IMG_1939.jpeg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
my Glanz MH-1200S arm board for my Esoteric T1 finally arrived, and i have installed the Glanz MH-1200S and the Sumile Mono on the T1 and am sorting things out a bit. the build quality of the arm board is top notch, and everything went together without any fuss. this is my first time with three tone arms on one turntable, but it seems to be reasonable to navigate. at this point no way to use my CS Port IME1 anti-static unless it's across the front which would be pretty tight. oh well.

i'm impressed with the build quality of the Glanz MH-1200S and right off it sounds full and meaty, if a tiny bit loose. great boogie factor and dynamic. really just a rough eyeball set up so far. tracking at 3 grams and arm is level.

first i'm going to just play this set-up for a few weeks, to see how it is. feedback from a couple members is that the stock Glanz head shell might not be an ideal match for the Sumile Mono. i have a couple extra head shells here that are generic, but heavier build than the Glanz, which is quite 'spare' and lightweight. 2 head shells recommended are the Phasemation CS-1200 and the OMA Graphite. probably end up ordering one of those at some point. i'll try these others here and go from there.

@bonzo75 unlikely that i will move the DaVa to the Glanz, as that was never my plan. but will keep an open mind about it. when you visit me next, if i have not done it by then i will do it for YOU.

IMG_1173.jpeg
IMG_1174.jpeg IMG_1175.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
i'm impressed with the build quality of the Glanz MH-1200S and right off it sounds full and meaty, if a tiny bit loose.
settled down, and nice and coherent now. no longer a bit rough and loose.
great boogie factor and dynamic. really just a rough eyeball set up so far. tracking at 3 grams and arm is level.
arm, cartridge and turntable seem to be a fine match. been listening to a mono string quartet than has my full attention. on the 4th side now. flow and life exemplary.

Reactions: jazdoc

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
tonight i've switched the Sumile/Glanz/Esoteric T1 from the dart phono to the EMIA phono corrector and MC Trio SUT; it's hooked up to the 1:15 SUT. the combo was excellent on the dart phono, this takes it tonally to a higher plane, more textures and bloom; maybe a touch better flow and more robust bass with a bit more drive. the music is going places. more immersive. degrees more of things. i keep forgetting it's mono. ;)

Reactions: jazdoc and Argonaut

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
Very Nice Indeed Mike , iaxel is expeimenting with a Glanz Sumile Mono combination also .
Actually, mine is on the Ikeda 407 (I don't have a Glanz).
But with similar results sound-wise, as Mike describes them much better than I do.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing