My 2 channel/HT combo system

DWR

Jul 26, 2010
Western burbs of Detroit
Here is my combination 2 channel/HT system. It is set up with more emphasis on 2 channel because I listen to music about 80% of the time. I like tubes for my music listening, amp, preamp, dac, and phono pre. The H/T is solid state with the exception of the front speakers they keep the tube amplification with the 2 channel preamp H/T bypass enabled. As you can see the turn table, sub amps, and power centers are in the room behind the system, kind of a pain in the butt for playing vinyl but it's good exercise!, and this way the fan noise from the amps does not come into play in the listening room. All of my subwoofers were built by me they are powered by the Behringer amps and crossover is the Behringer. Here is the equipment list.
2 Channel
Jolida JD-1000P amp, Conrad Johnson PV-14L preamp (not pictured, out for modification),Jolida JD-9 phono pre (Aural Thrills 274B phono pre to be delivered 08-30-10), MHDT Labs Paradisea+ DAC,Mac I book G-4 with external HD 1000 cds in apple lossless,Polk Audio XM digital tuner, Rotel 940 AX analog tuner, Geddes Abbey 12A speakers, 2 channel subs: 1 18" Maelstrom X in a 6 cu/ft sealed enclosure FR=24Hz-70Hz powered with 2400 watts, 1 15" Dayton Titanic MK III in a 6.2 cu/ft sealed enclosure powered with 950 watts FR=26Hz-70Hz, 1 12" Peerless in a 3 cu/ft vented enclosure powered with 550 watts FR=30Hz-70Hz, sub amps 2 Behringer EP-4000. Interconnects are all Clear Day Cable silver, Speaker cables are Clear Day silver and power cords are Signal Cable.
H/T
Panasonic 58" plasma, Rotel RB-1075 amp, Rotel RB 1066 prepro, Directv HD receiver, Oppo BDP 83SE, Front speakers Abbey 12A, center Def Tech CLR 2200, rears Def Tech Mythos 1 towers, LFE subs, 2 15" Dayton Titanic Mark III with 18" Exodus Audio passive radiators in sono tube 5.4 cu/ft enclosures tuned to 21 Hz powered by a Behringer EP-4000 950 watts to each sub FR=20Hz-80Hz.
The TV stand/equipment rack, speaker stands are DIY.

Attachments

• IMG_9387..JPG
    IMG_9387..JPG
    152 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_9385..JPG
    IMG_9385..JPG
    135 KB · Views: 739

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing