My big Audiotekne experience

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I listen music with Audiotekne amp since 1994 till 2009

In 1990 i knew Be Yamamura that came to live in Italy from England
We never saw a triode amp because in Italy we had ARC,Jadis,CJ,and no one triode amp.
Sp Yamamura open our mind to me and my friends talking about triode amp with 300B,845,211 and trans in superpermalloy.
Introduce us graphite to put under speaker and modified our cable,so all we were very happy,
Then he had problems and come back to Japan and in 1994 one distributor imported Audiotekne
I start to buy the small preamp and stereo amp and i listen a new sound,no big,no explosive,no dynamic,no fast,but with a natural sound that i was shocked.
Then i bought a speaker monovia in carbon block and then a super tweeter Audiotekne,that is the top ALE 1750 and in 2006 i had a full Audiotekne system
Turntable EMT 950 with Ikea and Audiotekne cartridge
cd Wadia 861 se
fono 8695
pre 9501
trans for cd LT 9501
amp mono for monrovia Yamato,push pull of 211
amp mono 9502 for tweeter ALE 1750

The sound was the most natural i listen in my life and i had this system in my mother house
Also Kondo,that i like a lot is not so natural like Audiotekne

Then for different reason i sold everything and now i am very happy with my system,but this period of my audiophile life was very important and happy

Regards
Gianluigi

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Dear Gian,

Thank you for sharing wonderful Audio Tekne products.

I have admired this gear for some time. Its on my list of things to one day hear and maybe own. :)

At the moment I am thinking about getting a second speaker that is high sensitivity. When that happens then ill have a good excuse to get a
Tekne amplifier :)

Best

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Wow, nice!

I got to hear AT at RMAF 2015 paired with dc10 speakers, SME tt and my cables using the 211 PP amps, it sounded excellent. Great electronics! :)

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I have heard those very Audio Tekne speaker with Audio Tekne amplification during Audio Video Show 2014 in Warsaw ... that was the best sound of the show for me. So natural and unforced sounding that it was scary.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Gianluigi, thank you for sharing.

I have always been very impressed with Audio Tekne. And heard it in Munich with DC10 speakers.

I see you sold it for different reasons, but what are you using now and could you share with us.

Thanks
Neville

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
There are many good amp tube like Audiotekne,Kondo,Lamm,Wavac,ecc,ecc and very good transistor amp like Soulution,CH,Vitus,Dartzel,Audio Consulting,Technical brain,ecc,ecc
but i never listen a speaker in my life very special for me at a every price.
My taste is monovia or horn speaker with Ale,Goto,YL,Kanno,WE
Monovia have some limitation and this kind of horn are too complicate for his network,horn,dimension,price,ecc,ecc

At the end i bought an Italian speaker,where i suggest some modified to this company that is my 100% taste.
The sound is very neutral and natural like a monrovia without the limitation of monovia and is high efficiency around 98.5/99 db and the sound come out very easy and fast like horn without the problems of the horn and i love it.

Even if has high efficiency run very well with transistor amp and i like a lot CH Precision,compared with my last amp,Kondo M7 KSL,phono GE1 and 2 Souga,i found CH better in all

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing