My experience with Lampizator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factory burn in….30-days trial with flexibility…..they pay international next day shipping to you…..tubes get used up…..tech support and setup…..maybe a discounted price. Anything else you need?

Remarkable what lengths of hyperbole you Lampi fan boys out there resort to. No discounted price needed, and no international shipping next day. The lowest and slowest shipping fare should suffice.

And by the way, I didn't get a discounted price on my Berkeley DAC either and I didn't ask for one. I find the whole hunt for discount pricing disgraceful. It ruins business, and customers are often being unreasonable. If you don't want to afford the gear at the reasonable full price, then don't think about buying the darn thing.

In fact, in my last purchase of an item I corrected a too low asking price that was offered me by mistake. It's just common decency. And if someone here thinks I am silly for trying to be honest then he's a jerk.

Slow road to bankruptcy and we could lose a brand that is well regarded as many for the SQ we seek.

See my previous post.

Remarkable what lengths of hyperbole you Lampi fan boys out there resort to. No discounted price needed, and no international shipping next day. The lowest and slowest shipping fare should suffice.

And by the way, I didn't get a discounted price on my Berkeley DAC either and I didn't ask for one. I find the whole hunt for discount pricing disgraceful. It ruins business, and customers are often being unreasonable.

AL, I have picked no fight with you. You are on record as saying that both you and Ian unquestionably thought the SQ was best among the 3 dacs you tried in his system and this is public record. That is all I needed to know, especially as its clear that the GG is a cut or 2 above that.

AL, I have picked no fight with you. You are on record as saying that both you and Ian unquestionably thought the SQ was best among the 3 you tried in his system and this is public record. That is all I needed to know.

What on earth does this have to do with the silly post about discount pricing and next-day shipping?

And by the way, I am not the one whose money was on the line to actually buy the unit. I am not the decision-maker here, I just offered my opinion based on what I heard that day. If later some aspects of the sound turned out not to be satisfying I would not buy the unit either.

And I also said that I personally would not buy a Lampi without auditioning a Berkeley Reference DAC as well.

Nothing, I was just saying to the poster that if all those things were in place, its the slow sure road to financial ruin...dont you agree?

Nothing, I was just saying to the poster that if all those things were in place, its the slow sure road to financial ruin...dont you agree?

Of course I agree. The silly suggestion of discount pricing and priority shipping are indeed the slow sure road to financial ruin. A 30-day trial period is not, it doesn't cost a dime. And factory burn-in should not be too costly to implement either, if you're smart about it. Hell, Tube Depot now offers a 24-hour burn in for $ 1.50 each tube. A no-brainer for me, and it weeds out lemons too.

(...) When you talk to him, please consider changing the trial policy to a longer time period. 30 days would be great. (...)

IMHO 30 days free trial is not possible for a small manufacturer who sells small quantities with low margins. Specially when he has such a wide catalog as Lampizator. Even the Cable Company has a two week period, giving the customer a period between 7-10 days to evaluate the cables. http://www.thecableco.com/content.aspx?iid=5777

As I appreciate many brands and enjoy changing equipment, I think I could feed my hobby for free for a long time if all manufacturers had a free 30 day trial period. ;)

No, I do not agree - IMHO it is fast sure road to financial ruin.

IMHO 30 days free trial is not possible for a small manufacturer who sells small quantities with low margins. Specially when he has such a wide catalog as Lampizator. Even the Cable Company has a two week period, giving the customer a period between 7-10 days to evaluate the cables. http://www.thecableco.com/content.aspx?iid=5777

As I appreciate many brands and enjoy changing equipment, I think I could feed my hobby for free for a long time if all manufacturers had a free 30 day trial period. ;)

http://sanderssoundsystems.com/sanders-30-day-in-home-trial

Of course I agree. The silly suggestion of discount pricing and priority shipping are indeed the slow sure road to financial ruin. A 30-day trial period is not, it doesn't cost a dime. And factory burn-in should not be too costly to implement either, if you're smart about it. Hell, Tube Depot now offers a 24-hour burn in for $ 1.50 each tube. A no-brainer for me, and it weeds out lemons too.

Burn applies tocaps and not for tubes (I like my tubes as little used as possible for longer life)...unless tubes are expensive,then they can be readily replaced and expensive ones have factory warranty.

In any case, every firm has their own economic model and its a bit presumptuous of us to say what they must do without knowing their margins and hidden costs. We can make friendly sugesstions, but we certainly cant dictate.

<snip>

In any case, every firm has their own economic model and its a bit presumptuous of us to say what they must do without knowing their margins and hidden costs. We can make friendly sugesstions, but we certainly cant dictate.

+1

There is however a common thread: Clear communication. The customer should know what the policies are. Not easy to put in place and /or enforce but in my own experience as a small business (non Audio thank God!) owner, this is essential to survival and growth.
I do not know the size of Lampi but I find their range of products almost overwhelming. Can a small, artisan (my guess, I could be wrong ) manufacturer supports these many products efficiently?
I believe there has been miscommunication. This can be solved once good faith is reestablished ...

+1

There is however a common thread: Clear communication. The customer should know what the policies are. Not easy to put in place and /or enforce but in my own experience as a small business (non Audio thank God!) owner, this is essential to survival and growth.
I do not know the size of Lampi but I find their range of products almost overwhelming. Can a small, artisan (my guess, I could be wrong ) manufacturer supports these many products efficiently?
I believe there has been miscommunication. This can be solved once good faith is reestablished ...

General agreement here.

The wide range and bespoke nature of their boutique hand-built creations was their "unique selling proposition", but that has been curtailed due to increasing demand (hard to cope). I suspect the trial period is also determined by backlog as well. If you are struggling to cope with firm orders, its hard to have to swallow lots of trials, as committed buyers want their units ASAP and deserve priority. Its not always possible to make such categorization though.

And by the way, I didn't get a discounted price on my Berkeley DAC either and I didn't ask for one. I find the whole hunt for discount pricing disgraceful. It ruins business, and customers are often being unreasonable. If you don't want to afford the gear at the reasonable full price, then don't think about buying the darn thing.

In fact, in my last purchase of an item I corrected a too low asking price that was offered me by mistake. It's just common decency. And if someone here thinks I am silly for trying to be honest then he's a jerk.

Never let the facts get in the way. Where's the hyperbole? I can read. I see requests for 30-days trials and factory burn in. I'm pretty sure that Lampizator ships everything overnight from Poland. I know customers require tech support. Do you think there are no requests for discounts?

BTW….It's quite dismissive to call me a Lampi fan boy. That says more about you than me.

"What would McIntosh do?" It's not the 70s anymore.
Exactly! What other consumer hi-end brand has enjoyed the kind of sales success and loyalty as McIntosh? It's what they did in the 70's that allowed them to thrive and be successful today. And the key was customer service.

Just look at the variety of products produced by Lampizator

http://www.lampizator.eu/Fikus/WELCOME_TO_LAMPIZATOR.html

Completely different from the standardization existing at Sanders. Besides Lampizator in not manufactured in the US.

I don't see the relevance of the country of manufacturing, their policy is worldwide and includes all their products. All of them, yes speakers too. So, tell me again about how their 'standardised ' products make it completely different?

Exactly! What other consumer hi-end brand has enjoyed the kind of sales success and loyalty as McIntosh? It's what they did in the 70's that allowed them to thrive and be successful today. And the key was customer service.

My point was that times have changed. Their customer service is far from what it used to be. In the past twenty years, I have owned 15-20 pieces, all bought new from dealers. I still have some in my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing