My humble system

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Here's the front soundstage for my home system. The B&W 801Ds and HTM1D center channel are driven by a Krell EV403 amplifier (amp hidden in alcove behind center channel and bass trap, so no photo right now!). The Denon 4806 AVR acts as preamplifier, surround processor, and surround amplifiers for the 3 B&W CWM8180 in-wall surround speakers. That's a JL Audio F113 subwoofer behind the right speaker. Behind the curtains are 6 GIK bass traps: 4 regular 4" traps (2 on each flank side-by-side 24" x 48") and 2 Monster Traps (horizontally oriented behind center channel, each 6" thick). There's a Denon 3930CI player for DVD, SACD, and DVD-A. Also have a Denon 3800 Blu-Ray player and DirecTV HDR. Purist Audio Vesta interconnects and Venustas speaker cables finish things off.

The room presents a difficult challenge, since the front wall you see is slightly concave. Although I have architect's plans for a dedicated music/theater room completed, it's financially on hold for a while. The bass traps helped the room immensely, and experimentation helped me arrive at their current placement.

My wife made the curtains for light control and did a beautiful job! I worried that they may suck the life out of the music, but they seem to be a bit "reflective" because they're satin-like.

Anyway, that's the current set-up. I sure enjoy listening to my favorite music in the sweet spot here!

Lee

Attachments

• DSC_0174..jpg
    DSC_0174..jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 872

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'll second Don's words Lee! Pretty nice "humble" setup.

John

soundofvoid

WBF Founding Member
Apr 22, 2010
Athens/Greece
Yes,i agree with all the members before me:Because many people in here have super systems,do not kid yourself that this is "humble" set up.
Other people strive to make extremely good systems (for music) for the price of your B&Ws only.You must have a BIG sound with all those woofers-very appropriate for home cinema duties (audio too)!

btf1980

Aug 17, 2010
This setup is about as humble as Muhammad Ali in his prime. :D Love the 801D & HTM1D. Shame B&W did not continue to make them with the new series.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing