My next step - Pandora?

aangen

Dec 10, 2020
Minnesota
www.weirdenergy.com
I upgraded from a Pandora / Antileon EVO combination to the Commander / Apex Stereo. I was fairly certain the Pandora Antileon EVO combination was endgame quality. I have been proven wrong yet again. I don't have a lot of fear Gryphon will make something above the Commander and Apex any time soon. I hope at least.

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
I upgraded from a Pandora / Antileon EVO combination to the Commander / Apex Stereo. I was fairly certain the Pandora Antileon EVO combination was endgame quality. I have been proven wrong yet again. I don't have a lot of fear Gryphon will make something above the Commander and Apex any time soon. I hope at least.

Wow. I am sure there was a difference. The aim is to keep producing better products, after all.

Gryphon has pushed Class A amplification to an amazing level with the Apex, although the costs associated with scaling up Class A are huge.

I have always loved Class A, even when running a 90lb monster built in the 1980s that I had to blast a lot of air through in the summer because it kept hitting its thermal cutouts, lol.

I just hope I get my Colosseum back this year and can enjoy it with the Pandora. The Colosseum has a pretty small form factor, all things considered, although nobody who sees it can believe it is an amplifier.

I miss the smoothness of Class A.

What are your speakers?

Last edited:
Reactions: aangen

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing