My Pachanko Server is here. A bargain at 16k Euros?!

DrPo

Apr 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
I had the opportunity yesterday to test the entry-level Pashanko server (powered by a good power supply) against my Antipodes EX in both USB and AES/EBU (using the Antipodes P2 reclocker) modes. The Pachanko came as a very clear winner; more quiet, better soundstage, timing and tonality. Peaks (like orchestral tutti) were navigated with ease by the Pachanko without any hint of strain. The P2 reclocker in AES/EBU mode improved on the USB output but was still well behind the Pachanko. I would definitely recommend a demo if you are in the market for a good Roon server.

Nakor

May 14, 2011
I had the opportunity yesterday to test the entry-level Pashanko server (powered by a good power supply) against my Antipodes EX in both USB and AES/EBU (using the Antipodes P2 reclocker) modes. The Pachanko came as a very clear winner; more quiet, better soundstage, timing and tonality. Peaks (like orchestral tutti) were navigated with ease by the Pachanko without any hint of strain. The P2 reclocker in AES/EBU mode improved on the USB output but was still well behind the Pachanko. I would definitely recommend a demo if you are in the market for a good Roon server.
Do you mean the Constellation Mini?

Reactions: Tannoysuperprestige

pk_LA

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2021
That’s right
The Constellation Masterpiece. I ended up speaking with Chan last night. The lead time is 8 weeks. Chan was very pleasant and helpful and willing to give me whatever time I needed with questions. Impressed!

Reactions: pachankolabs

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
1 x AES-EBU 32...192 kHz / 16-24 Bit
6 x S/P-DIF:
2 x Standard Coax
2 x BNC 32...192 kHz / 16-24 Bit,
2 x optical TOS-Link 32...192 kHz / 16-24 Bit
2 x USB DAC:
Device-Mode max. 768 kSps (PCM) und DSD 1024*, unterstützt asynchrone Datenübertragung.
*DSD 512 und DSD 1024 nur von einem Windows PC mit installiertem Treiber oder von einem Linux PC mit Kernel 4.4 oder höher.
2 x USB Master-Mode für USB-Massenspeicher (Stick oder HDD)
2 x HDMI IN, 1 x HDMI OUT mit ARC
1 x IPA (LVDS)

thes are the input options of my T+A SD 3100 hv dac.
Which output would you config at a Pachanko Constellation to get the best results?

Cheers, Ulrich

Last edited:
Reactions: bryans

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
Ah, well.

”DSD 512 and DSD 1024 only with Windows PC with installed driver or Linux PC with Kernel 4.4 or higher at USB”

Would the Constellation do that?

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
A constellation would be capable to transform a Qobuz stream on the fly to DSD 512/1024 on the fly, as my T+A dac is best with this kind of signal?

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
Damn. This … will not end well:)

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
1 x AES-EBU 32...192 kHz / 16-24 Bit
6 x S/P-DIF:
2 x Standard Coax
2 x BNC 32...192 kHz / 16-24 Bit,
2 x optical TOS-Link 32...192 kHz / 16-24 Bit
2 x USB DAC:
Device-Mode max. 768 kSps (PCM) und DSD 1024*, unterstützt asynchrone Datenübertragung.
*DSD 512 und DSD 1024 nur von einem Windows PC mit installiertem Treiber oder von einem Linux PC mit Kernel 4.4 oder höher.
2 x USB Master-Mode für USB-Massenspeicher (Stick oder HDD)
2 x HDMI IN, 1 x HDMI OUT mit ARC
1 x IPA (LVDS)

thes are the input options of my T+A SD 3100 hv dac.
Which output would you config at a Pachanko Constellation to get the best results?

Cheers, Ulrich
Oh how I love the T+A SD 3100 HV Dac. My final choice came down to the MSB and the T+A. The T+A was out of my budget at the time but oh how I love that unit.

Reactions: engadin

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
I love it, too.

There is a streamer included, one of the reasons I bought it. Keeping things simple, less boxes, wires, power supplies, shelf space …
Now I consider a separate streamer in a similar price range as the 3100 itself and wonder what might happen sonically when doing so.
Sigh.

Bogan88

Aug 11, 2020
Good to see more and more users are finding this brand. Can't wait for more users to review and share their experiences.

And as I said, if budget allows, go for the top model.
Power is everything with digital :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing