My personal take on the Clarisys Piccolo's....

Synaxis

Jan 3, 2024
USA
UPDATE: I'm going to try and get a video of sound for you guys tomorrow (Monday). I appreciate all the feedback requesting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rad and Audiohertz2
Synaxis, Do you have a system video of these speakers playing music?

HI Peter,

I have not had a chance to take a video like that yet. I've been so crazy busy that I did a marathon 5 hours straight marathon this morning to get this video edited and released. Sorry.

• Sad
Reactions: bonzo75 and PeterA
HI Peter,

I have not had a chance to take a video like that yet. I've been so crazy busy that I did a marathon 5 hours straight marathon this morning to get this video edited and released. Sorry.

I enjoyed watching the video Synaxis. The problem is it built up the anticipation of hearing how it sounds. No worries, it would be great if you can get to it at some point. No rush

Reactions: bonzo75
I enjoyed watching the video Synaxis. The problem is it built up the anticipation of hearing how it sounds. No worries, it would be great if you can get to it at some point. No rush
I'll do my best. Thanks for the kind words on the video.

If I did it would be like what I just posted on my Facebook page of a sound recording I took of the horn speakers a week ago (I just posted now). https://www.facebook.com/GreekAudioGeek

Is that they kind of thing you are hoping to see?

The issue is there I need to record the audio completely separate of the video as to get good sound I need to record at a super high video rate which make the file so large it gets compressed when uploaded.

I am experimenting with a different way to do it so the majority of the file size goes to audio and not video.

If I did it would be like what I just posted on my Facebook page of a sound recording I took of the horn speakers a week ago (I just posted now). https://www.facebook.com/GreekAudioGeek

The issue is there I need to record the audio completely separate of the video as to get good sound I need to record at a super high video rate which make the file so large it gets compressed when uploaded.

I am experimenting with a different way to do it so the majority of the file size goes to audio and not video.

Just make a simple iPhone video from the listening seat like the rest of us do. That are good enough. Upload it to YouTube.

Reactions: bonzo75
Just make a simple iPhone video from the listening seat like the rest of us do. That are good enough. Upload it to YouTube.
Wait.....you want my OCD to accept "just good enough"???

Nooooooooooooooooo.....can't.......fight.......it..........

LOL

OK. Will do.

Reactions: PeterA

Youtube compression is not going to significantly affect the sound - it will still sound much better than a phone video. Good quality recordings would probably boost interest in your channel (so it would be a shame to keep them only on your Facebook page).

Bass was very good in the appropriate room size.
Appropriate room size?
...mine is 18' wide, 50' deep, 9' midline apex height 30° pitched eaves down to 4' high side walls, my listening seat is nearly half way into this space
900 sq ft, 6000 cub ft

Youtube compression is not going to significantly affect the sound - it will still sound much better than a phone video. Good quality recordings would probably boost interest in your channel (so it would be a shame to keep them only on your Facebook page).
Hi - I agree with you re: YouTube compression not being too bad.

The issue I run into is the way YT deals with copyright re: music is much less restrictive on FB than YT (at least in my experience so far).

I'm still trying to figure out the YT "rules" as they change weekly and they never tell you what they are - they just penalize you with no warning.

UPDATE: I'm going to try and get a video of sound for you guys tomorrow (Monday). I appreciate all the feedback requesting it.

Reactions: bonzo75 and hopkins
The issue I run into is the way YT deals with copyright re: music is much less restrictive on FB than YT (at least in my experience so far).

I'm still trying to figure out the YT "rules" as they change weekly and they never tell you what they are - they just penalize you with no warning.
In my modest experience (roughly 185 videos on my channel), copyright is not really an issue for system recordings - once in a while a video will be blocked in one country, generally Russia. It really depends also on the track you use.

One of my system videos got over 200.000 views - I have no idea why! The copyright was identified, but there were no consequences:

1725195255336.png

If you want to avoid the problem altogether, find music which is obscure and/or possibly not copyrighted (there are some).

Off topic, but you do get funny comments once in a while. Here are some amusing ones from the above video:

1725195754427.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Synaxis
In my modest experience (roughly 185 videos on my channel), copyright is not really an issue for system recordings - once in a while a video will be blocked in one country, generally Russia. It really depends also on the track you use.

Sounds good - I appreciate it. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

I'll be too busy to set up the lighting, camera and Schoeps mic but will definitely take a iPhone vid or two.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu