Ron Resnick Launches Audio Cafe LLC, a New Clarisys Audio Dealer

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
This is to announce that I am now a home dealer for Clarisys Audio loudspeakers and Hegel Music Systems. This home dealer project is in addition to all of my current activities, including my participation on the forum, my interviews and show reports and other videos for the WBF YouTube channel, and my reviewing for Mono and Stereo.

I promise to do my best to be bright line careful when wearing my dealer hat for Clarisys Audio versus my other hats which require neutrality, impartiality and intellectual honesty. I promise to do my best to be explicit and declaratory when I am acting on behalf of Clarisys versus when I am engaged in any of my audio industry interviewing, reporting or reviewing activities.

The name of the dealership is Audio Cafe LLC. The website for Audio Cafe is www.AudioCafeBeverlyHills.com. Please check it out!

If you wish to audition the Clarisys Audio Studio Plus loudspeakers please contact me! I have installed the Studio Plus speakers in my main listening room, starting with my usual sources (Studer A820 tape machine, Brinkmann Balance turntable and Lampizator Baltic 4) and my usual electronics (Aesthetix, VTL and Jadis). Presently I have a Hegel V10 phono stage and a P30A pre-amplifier. I plan to get a Hegel amplifier in the future to be able to offer auditions with a solid-state chain of electronics.

Make an appointment, and let's have some fun!

IMG_1811.jpeg

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Oh wow amazing congrats

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
This is to announce that I am now a home dealer for Clarisys Audio loudspeakers and Hegel Music Systems. This home dealer project is in addition to all of my current activities, including my participation on the forum, my interviews and show reports and other videos for the WBF YouTube channel, and my reviewing for Mono and Stereo.

I promise to do my best to be bright line careful when wearing my dealer hat for Clarisys Audio versus my other hats which require neutrality, impartiality and intellectual honesty. I promise to do my best to be explicit and declaratory when I am acting on behalf of Clarisys versus when I am engaged in any of my audio industry interviewing, reporting or reviewing activities.

The name of the dealership is Audio Cafe LLC. The website for Audio Cafe is www.AudioCafeBeverlyHills.com. Please check it out!

If you wish to audition the Clarisys Audio Studio Plus loudspeakers please contact me! I have installed the Studio Plus speakers in my main listening room, starting with my usual sources (Studer A820 tape machine, Brinkmann Balance turntable and Lampizator Baltic 4) and my usual electronics (Aesthetix, VTL and Jadis). Presently I have a Hegel V10 phono stage and a P30A pre-amplifier. I plan to get a Hegel amplifier in the future to be able to offer auditions with a solid-state chain of electronics.

Make an appointment, and let's have some fun!

View attachment 126296
They look great in your room Ron, congratulations and best of luck with the new venture.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Clarysis speakers need spacing. Are you moving your Gryphon speakers to the side when people come to listen to Clarysis speaker?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Clarysis speakers need spacing. Are you moving your Gryphon speakers to the side when people come to listen to Clarysis speaker?
No; the Gryphons are too heavy to move around casually. The midrange/tweeter ribbons of the Studio Pluses are not blocked to the rear by the Pendragons.

I could move the Clarisys speakers 90° counter-clockwise from the listening position, and have them in front of the left side wall that goes to the kitchen, and play them with the Hegel phono stage, the Hegel pre-amp and the VTLs and the Denon turntable. But it's interesting to hear them with the first string signal chain I'm used to hearing on the Pendragons.

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Quite a development, but, yeah, they look great in there. Will you be using them at all with your tubes?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Which system is best to you?
I don't understand. Which system?

The Clarisys are at the business end of the exact same system as the Pendragons.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Quite a development, but, yeah, they look great in there. Will you be using them at all with your tubes?

Right now the Clarisys are connected to the exact same signal chain as the Pendragons. I unplugged the speaker cables from the Pendragon crossovers and plugged them into the Clarisys crossovers.

Reactions: christoph

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I knew this info for a while and was waiting for the official announcement :cool: . Great news and I wish You all the best with your new venture Ron!
Enjoy the ride and fantastic sound.
BTW wondering how Studios are doing with your tube gear - must be great...

Last edited:
Reactions: Alrainbow

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I knew this info for a while and was waiting for the official announcement :cool: . Great news and I wish You all the best with your new venture Ron!
Enjoy the ride and fantastic sound.
BTW wondering how Studios are doing with your tube gear - must be great...
Thank you very much, Golum!

I listened for several hours today, first to digital and then to vinyl. The speakers need to break in, but even out of the box they sound good, with no fuss/no muss.

I was a little skeptical that the JA100s would do as well on the full-range Studio Pluses with a lot of ribbon surface area to move as they do on the Pendragon panels dealing only with 200Hz and up.

The frequency balance on these Clarisys just seems right, with no obvious anomalies. The tone of higher register piano keys seems correct, right out of the box. No struggling with brightness or absorption panels, etc., like I've been doing with the Pendragons.

Last edited:

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
congratulation.
the tubes has absolutely no problem with the Clarisys audio. you can use them in ease.
regarding the break in, wait until you cover the 215 hours mark, you would not believe what you have in your room.
this speakers are pure magic.
wish you much success and happiness.

Aviad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golum

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
congratulation.
the tubes has absolutely no problem with the Clarisys audio. you can use them in ease.
regarding the break in, wait until the cover 215 hours mark, you would not believe what you have in your room.
this speaker are pure magic.
wish you much success and happiness.

Aviad.
Thank you, Aviad!

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations on your new venture Ron!

The Clarisys certainly look very impressive.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Thank you very much, Golum!

I listened for several hours today, first to digital and then to vinyl. The speakers need to break in, but even out of the box they sound good, with no fuss/no muss.

I was a little skeptical that the JA100s would do as well on the full-range Studio Pluses with a lot of ribbon surface area to move as they do on the Pendragon panels dealing only with 200Hz and up.

The frequency balance on these Clarisys just seems right, with no obvious anomalies. The tone of higher register piano keys seems correct, right out of the box. No struggling with brightness or absorption panels, etc., like I've been doing with the Pendragons.
Thanks!
Any plan to add active XO?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
And there was me Ron, thinking you'd be up for selling some Zus, lol. I know you like those Definitions 6 you heard at Phil's.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Which system is best to you?
I don't understand. Which system?

... it seemed the simplest of questions, an inevitable question. If I did not ask it, someone else would ask it.

There is something called "Ron's New System" of which you are not a dealer, as far as I know.

Then we see "Dealer for Clarisys Audio and Hegel Music Systems" that seems to imply some Clarisys and Hegel Music system or systems that you will sell.

Audio Dealer 101 chatbot suggests you answer: " I love all my children equally."

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing