My Tube Collection, Welcome to share yours

adrian cheng

Mar 2, 2022
UK
I

It's hard to test when you hold several thousand tubes and buy in bulk Steve:) that takes a lot of effort.if you look at Adrian's photos. None of those tubes are labelled
You got eagle eyes, I'm sick to see tested stickers on a tube, instead I wrote a separate note and put it inside the box,also I never write result on box specially on a original box, to me Valves are beauty and I wouldn't put a mask on their face

Last edited:

adrian cheng

Mar 2, 2022
UK
I have 5 pairs of Telefuken ECC83 but none of Telefuken ECC 82.

I am curious how they sound. ;)
The normal Telefunken ECC82 has a similar sound as their ECC83, but Not the First D getter version which sounds so difference, I don't think you will like them if you are happy with your ECC83 Telefunken

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
You got eagle eyes, I'm sick to see tested stickers on a tube, instead I wrote a separate note and put it inside the box,also I never write result on box specially on a original box, to me Valves are beauty and I wouldn't put a mask on their face
I totally agree. I hate seeing tube measurements on the glass I knew you tested. I know I would

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I think the OP clearly qualifies as a tubeaholic.
I agree with your point.

I had decided to stop buying more tubes since i will not have enough time to go through my tube collections in my tube amps during my lifetime.

I have 3 WE 300b made in 50's.

6 pairs of modern 300 b.

12 pairs of 805 made in 40-50.

60 pairs of 6sn7 and variants made in 40-60.

30 pairs of 6sl7 and variants made in 40-60.

20 pairs of 12AX7 made in 50-60.

30 pairs of 12 AU7 made in 50-60.

adrian cheng

Mar 2, 2022
UK
I agree with your point.

I had decided to stop buying more tubes since i will not have enough time to go through my tube collections in my tube amps during my lifetime.

I have 3 WE 300b made in 50's.

6 pairs of modern 300 b.

12 pairs of 805 made in 40-50.

60 pairs of 6sn7 and variants made in 40-60.

30 pairs of 6sl7 and variants made in 40-60.

20 pairs of 12AX7 made in 50-60.

30 pairs of 12 AU7 made in 50-60.

I think the OP clearly qualifies as a tubeaholic.
Thanks for the certificate :)

Reactions: thomask

adrian cheng

Mar 2, 2022
UK
Bought a few more of these very rare Mullard ECC83 long grey plate square getter 1600 Date code ,second version after the Black plate IMG-20220506-WA0002 (2).jpg

Reactions: Lowrider75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing