NAS connection in CH Precision

nephilim

Jul 16, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pardon my ignorance, but this is the first time I am setting up a NAS in my system.

I’m looking to try and connect a NAS to an I1. The I1 has been connected via Ethernet to a router. Streaming is fine with Tidal, but I can’t seem to figure out how the I1 accesses the NAS. Any assistance would be extremely appreciated.

Keith

Last edited:

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Hi Keith. I’m happy to help. I’m assuming that your i1 has the optional Ethernet_HD card installed. To connect to a NAS, the NAS has to have the ability to run UPnP software such as Minimserver. Load Minimserver on the NAS device and start it running. The i1 has two different ethernet inputs that are selectable via the CH Precision control app or front panel:
”Ethernet” for UPnP transfers
”Roon Ready” for RAAT transfers via ROON
Select the “Ethernet“ input on the i1. Download and run the CH Precision control application on an Android device that is wifi connected to the same network as the NAS and i1. Select the i1 on the left side of the control app and then select “Library” on the menu bar at the top. Online Libraries are displayed here. You can click on your NAS and get a folder view of the audio files that are available. Select a file to play and add it to the queue or touch play. Hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: nephilim

nephilim

Jul 16, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Keith. I’m happy to help. I’m assuming that your i1 has the optional Ethernet_HD card installed. To connect to a NAS, the NAS has to have the ability to run UPnP software such as Minimserver. Load Minimserver on the NAS device and start it running. The i1 has two different ethernet inputs that are selectable via the CH Precision control app or front panel:
”Ethernet” for UPnP transfers
”Roon Ready” for RAAT transfers via ROON
Select the “Ethernet“ input on the i1. Download and run the CH Precision control application on an Android device that is wifi connected to the same network as the NAS and i1. Select the i1 on the left side of the control app and then select “Library” on the menu bar at the top. Online Libraries are displayed here. You can click on your NAS and get a folder view of the audio files that are available. Select a file to play and add it to the queue or touch play. Hope this helps.
Many thanks Ralph, I will try that out.

nephilim

Jul 16, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You are a ?? Ralph!!! Installing the Minimserver in the NAS did it!! Enjoying the music right now.

Reactions: rsorren1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing