Neodio B2 resonance device

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
These include the sound of cables, the lack of correlation between measurements and the listening experience, and the instability of sound quality: these are phenomena with which many music lovers are familiar. The desire to understand and move beyond empiricism is what makes Neodio different from other companies. We have carried out more than a thousand experiments to determine the nature of these phenomena. The results of this research have been regularly integrated into Neodio’s products since 2002.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
IMG_6881.jpeg

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Seems like my results are an outlier. I have the ability to easily pull a set out from under My Finale Audio integrated amp so I may re-try them on top of the preamp and power amp in my main system, and back on top of the SimAudio CD transport in my 2nd system. I if I do I may also try them again on the cabinets of the speakers in both systems. That said, I would encourage not discounting them as isolation under the equipment.

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
Seems like my results are an outlier. I have the ability to easily pull a set out from under My Finale Audio integrated amp so I may re-try them on top of the preamp and power amp in my main system, and back on top of the SimAudio CD transport in my 2nd system. I if I do I may also try them again on the cabinets of the speakers in both systems. That said, I would encourage not discounting them as isolation under the equipment.
Looking at your system, it might have something to do with the fact that you own almost exclusively tube gear, maybe vibration prevention for tube gear works differently.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Looking at your system, it might have something to do with the fact that you own almost exclusively tube gear, maybe vibration prevention for tube gear works differently.

I'm not knowledgeable on the technical to know if there would be a difference. Putting aside the tube integrated amps, I do wonder if the top cover venting of both the Modwright tube preamp and solid state power amp possibly reduce cabinet resonance and hence lower the benefit of a B2 on top. See below sample picture. But, I also didn't hear what others have heard by placing the B2s on the top of or on the floor in front of the speaker. I'll have to give it another try.

1700093485089.jpeg

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
That makes sense. The vents would definitely minimize contact with the B2 surface and restrict resonance pathways to tbe B2

Reactions: facten

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sbnx, I've had mixed results with the HRS Damping Plates. A few years ago they were quite striking here. But recently in my more refined and optimised sound, I found them marginal at best.
Do the B2s work in a similar way? I know you can't absolutely say yea or nay, because the science is a bit convoluted, but just in the final sound.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Sbnx, I've had mixed results with the HRS Damping Plates. A few years ago they were quite striking here. But recently in my more refined and optimised sound, I found them marginal at best.
Do the B2s work in a similar way? I know you can't absolutely say yea or nay, because the science is a bit convoluted, but just in the final sound.
At a high level there are widgets that are basically mechnical vibration/resonance control -- Racks, shelves, footer, damping plates, cable lifts and B2's. (And there are others.) To clarify, I am a firm believer in using these things to either drain energy from the box or control/prevent resonance. I do not adhere to the "isolate the box" side. It is easy to hear the benefits of the former and the detriment of the latter. I don't really care about the science any more. Either the widget works to improve the sound or it doesn't. I am very objective in my listening and what specifically I listen for. I use specific tracks that are great at highlighting the effects of resonance. I add this stuff just so people know where I am coming from on this.

What the B2's do and what the HRS plates do are different. With the damping plates I basically hear less blurr and more purity of tone. WIth the B2's it is about more than that. Sure they clarify the sound but they also add this sense of ease and flow and envelopment that the plates don't really get. As I posted earlier, the B2 even worked on a component that already has an HRS plate.

I think I might do a little "shootout" for fun and make a semi-private youtube video. I can compare: the B2's, the HRS damping plate, the Artisania damping plate and Stillpoints ultra 5's. Maybe I can even come up with one more thing to throw in the mix. Once I compare these maybe I can craft a better response to your question.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
An excellent pursuit, sir.
My Q to you is whether you feel the HRS and B2 are complementary? You see worth in running both? Or could you see yourself going to the B2 only and dispensing with the HRS?
I was surprised how much less impressed I was with the HRS here just recently compared to five years ago when I last auditioned them (despite my visitors, the HRS owners, liking them here more than me).
I'm intrigued to try the B2s on my Zus, or maybe even my Airblades.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I did the shootout. I did this with only one CH component. Between each one I would listen to the music with nothing added to the top. For this I listened to a song with intro guitar and femal vocals.

Each time I came back to nothing on top my response was: The music is Boring. Clearly the CH gear likes something on the top of the box.

Stillpoint Ultra5 top middle -- The guitar gained some body and the highs became more clarified. Leading edge. There is a part where the guitarists fingers slide along the neck and it makes a sharp, high frequency sound -- there was less wince involved with the stillpoint on top as the sound was clarified.

B2 on top middle: The guitar gained body and richness compared with the stillpoint. High frequency clarity. No wincing. Vocals had delicacy and intimacy

Artisania damping plate on top middle: Lower noise floor. Better than nothing but not as good as any of the others.

HRS Plate Top center: Much lower noise. More dynamics.

Replacing HRS Plate with B2 directly: A little noisier but the vocal intimacy and naturalness returned.

Replacing B2 with Stillpoint Ultra-5 directly: Leading edges were emphasized.

Replacing the stillpoint with the HRS directly: Qiet, body, dynamic, full

Adding the stillpoint to the top with the HRS: is A+B. Quiet with leading edge emphasis.

HRS + B2: is A+B. Quiet, body, vocal intimacy, very natural sounding.

I hope this helps with your question. Again this is just one component. I would guess that the other CH gear would behave the same but ... Other gear may react differently. In other words YMMV.

The B2 is definitely worth a try.

Reactions: facten and Amir

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Thank you for report.

Neodio also makes some AC cables at very good price.

It seems Like Ayre L5XE Neodio does not try to filter AC noise or decrease music energy so the dynamics are there.
I like those audio companies that do not kill dynamics for lowering noise.

What I need in music is dynamics, liveness, energy, energy, energy ...

Sunny

I had first hand experience with these voodoo pucks in my system thanks to Todd. He came over to set up my speakers (an even more mind blowing experience but that's for another thread) and brought over the B2s to try. We tried them on top of the speakers, first, and there was a slight cleaning up of the sound, as if a camera lens became more in focus. Next another was added on top of my Innuos streamer, which increased size of the soundstage, on a symphonic track, it felt like I moved from row 20 to row 3, the orchestra was much closer. Next we tried it on top of my Boulder 1160 amp, which added more dimensionality to the sound, pulled everything apart more, it was a very interesting effect.

The craziest place these things worked their magic was on top of my short throw projector that was sitting on the floor in between my speakers. I know us audiophiles will believe almost anything if it improves our sound, but this literally boggled my mind and slacked my jaw when the B2 was placed on the top plate of the projector. The sound got so much cleaner and clearer. Todd theorized that the flimsy plastic top plate of the projector was acting as a resonator right in front of the listening position, which in hindsight makes perfect sense, but if it wasn't for the B2s, I never would have thought about it.

I never tried these as footers, but as vibration dampers they are pretty amazing. They would make for great final tweaks to wrap up an already very dialed in system.
Yes they are totally harmonic. That's why I carry stock now.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Today Neodio B2 arrived ...

high quality and wonderful products from Neodio France .

IMG_7571.jpeg

Reactions: Sunny and facten

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
The Power distributor from Neodio is also perfect

IMG_7572.jpeg

Reactions: Scott Naylor

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Today Neodio B2 arrived ...

high quality and wonderful products from Neodio France .

View attachment 123167
Very nice! I ended up getting 8 more. Let us know your thoughts on what you think they do to the sound in various locations.

Reactions: Amir and facten

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
IMG_7577.jpeg

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
More Pictures ...

I will report the sound as soon as possible

Attachments

• IMG_7576.jpeg
    IMG_7576.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 13

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm not getting this product. Amir is using them as footers, but my mate didn't rate them there, he has them in "free space", in front and behind spkrs for best effect, some success on top of spkrs, and associated with cables and distribution strips.
What are they/what do they do? Vibration management or "environmental"?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing