New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Paul George - 26 points, 16 rebounds and 6 assists...and you say he choked.

Please....
He did. If he had made all of those free throws at the end they would have likely won the game. The Suns game plan was to Shaq PG so he couldn’t make a 3. That was a bold move by Monty but paid off

Booker also made a lot of points but IMO was never a factor in the game. He’s impulsive and reacted badly to PG and got a lot of dumb fouls. There is no doubt in my mind that a healthy KL Would have the Clipps winning this series.

Reality is Chris Paul is 1 game away from his first Finals and possibly his first NBA ring, at 36 years old. And he was bounced around in the last few years, from LAC for Houston to OKC and now to the Suns, and I felt that last trade by OKC to the Suns, the Thunder management never thought CP3 would be in this position today. :D He's a very hard worker, a real pro down to the last line, no antics, and could be funny (with his kid impersonating Blake). So if he crosses the finish line, I'm happy for him. I've been keeping tab of 6 foot guards to lead NBA teams to titles and they're only a handful.

Of the 4 games, 2 were close, including last night's and agree with Mike, the Clippers gave their all, worked very hard, and the last game was such a low scoring game with a lot of missed long shots, and that was where the Suns with Ayton got their edge. CP3 directs play like no other, gotta admire his court generalship. As for PG, clearly he is pressured as the lone leader as the other is somewhere out there. PG's missed free throws in Game 2 proved pivotal, and he did miss some again on Game 4. Could be fatigue bugging him down the line or just pure pressure. Also, he doesn't have Reggie Miller's hands. :D Clips could do better and certainly capable of winning 1 more game, and move on from there. They have been road warriors too, as in the Dallas series. Let's see. Will the new guards (with an old guard) take over the West? Lue has to get out all his rabbits out of his hat.

Reactions: WLVCA and christoph
Lue will need more than rabbits to take out of hi hat as for me the reality is the Clippers without KL cannot beat the Suns. FWIW the Suns have had Lady Luck in their court as they were only playing so so in the Lakers series until AD went down and the rest is history. Same story with KL and this series. We have all said that it is such a shame to see injuries dictate the outcome of the playoffs. There is no doubt in my mind that a healthy KL would have win this series and have them in the finals for the first time and quite possibly they could have gone all the way.

Not sure if you all saw KL in his box with the camera on him and Mike Been commenting on KL's enthusiasm

Reactions: WLVCA
I read somewhere the Kawhi was with his family in the suite box, and uncle Dennis was there too, maybe telling him something is wrong with the medical staff of the Clippers right there. That can confuse KL right there.

This is a situation we'll have to agree to disagree I suppose.

The difference in this series, as you noted, is that the Clippers best player couldn't play play.

However, I admire how the Clippers played in each series without Leonard. Likely they will lose this series but I won't hold that against them.

Also, check you post 20,212 above. the Clippers were playing the Suns, not the Hawks.

Was that simply an error or did you choke? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I choked too.......

Seriously Mike I was not trying to cast aspersions but yesterday's game could have been won by the Clippers in the waning moments when only a single point separated the teams as the Clippers had crept back in after a 16 point deficit . I thought for sure they would have won that game based on "free"throws by the Clippers but in the clutch PG missed several that if made could have swung the flow of the game as I felt that Booker also choked on so many missed shots from all over the court even though he too scored a bunch of points. Booker IMO was a non actor in the game. Booker reminds me of Westbrooke as they are both great players but always seem to have a snarl on their face and a chip on their shoulders

So the Suns seem to be "Destiny's Child" based on a lot of team skills but so also based on opposing teams having their best players unable to play.

Regardless of outcome (as it seems each of our teams have fallen by the wayside) I have found the level of competition to be the best I have seen in many years

Reactions: WLVCA
I read somewhere the Kawhi was with his family in the suite box, and uncle Dennis was there too, maybe telling him something is wrong with the medical staff of the Clippers right there. That can confuse KL right there.
I saw Uncle Dennis in the box with him that night

Reactions: jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu