New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Hard to believe all of those players were with the Pistons and that team did so poorly.

Tobias came to the Clippers in the Blake Griffin deal. I wasn't familiar with him but he was good with the Clips and now with the 76ers.

I also thought Marcus Morris was a problem due to his legal issues in Phoenix but he's been very good, too. Kennard had me worried when he was traded to the Clippers as he sat ot most of the previous season. At first he was not good at all, almost afraid to shoot, but he has developed into a decent player, too - at least shooting 3 pointers.

One last thought - finally dawned on me that Booker isn't a very good defender. They try to hide him by having him guard lesser players. Could be wrong - maybe they are saving his energy for offense. He's pretty good on that side to say the least.
Like you said.
Booker can not make 50 points in EVERY game :eek:

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis
Pop on his former assistant and new Celtics coach Udoka:

"He exudes a confidence and a comfort in his own skin where people just gravitate to him," Popovich said, per Arnovitz. "He's a fundamentally sound teacher because he's comfortable with himself, he knows the material and players read it. Often times, I'll say, 'Ime, can you go talk to so-and-so? Go talk to Patty Mills, go talk to Timmy, go talk to Kawhi.' And he'll do it better than I would do it -- and I'm not blowing smoke. The only thing I don't like about him is that he doesn't drink, so I can't enjoy a glass of wine with him. He's really boring at dinner."

Boring? Look who's talking. :D

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA
The other thing about Booker is he has a very chippy attitude and receives a lot of T's. He was even ejected from the 1st game in the Lakers series where he threw down a Lakers player

What I saw yesterday was Booker bothered by that mask.. His shooting was errant and bad. I also thought Paul was rusty and my arm chair coaching would not have started Paul but brought him off the bench

If Booker can't sort out the mask issue that could be a real problem for the Suns as the Clippers were in total control of last night's game.The Suns are like a fish out of water when the game is slowed down....so if history repeats itself again, Clippers should win the next game

Finally there's still that something about KL that I can't cozy up to and that is his lack of team spirit and camaraderie. WTF was he doing upstairs in one of the luxury boxes with his cronies rather than on the floor with his teammates cheering them on and giving advice. He clearly marches to the beat of a different drum

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA
Kawhi is a very unusual person. Immensely talented as a basketball player but very unusual in the way he conducts himself. Hard guy to understand. *

Paul George says he has been engaged with the team during his recent absence but it certainly doesn't appear that way to an outsider. No way as a fan to know what the dynamics are.

* I am being as polite as I can be. :)

Kawhi is a very unusual person. Immensely talented as a basketball player but very unusual in the way he conducts himself. Hard guy to understand. *

Paul George says he has been engaged with the team during his recent absence but it certainly doesn't appear that way to an outsider. No way as a fan to know what the dynamics are.

* I am being as polite as I can be. :)
Having seen Gordon Hayward for a few years in Boston, he was always not present in the bench to support his team too. I always felt it's a minus, for whatever reasons he doesn't have much rapport with his teammates off the court. I see Harden and Kyrie on the bench cheering, in street cloths.

Having seen Gordon Hayward for a few years in Boston, he was always not present in the bench to support his team too. I always felt it's a minus, for whatever reasons he doesn't have much rapport with his teammates off the court. I see Harden and Kyrie on the bench cheering, in street cloths.
Totally agree Phil

even LeBron who you guys hate was always on the sidelines cheering on the team. Mind you he and AD also showed up and it became a fashion and bling show. :cool:

Reactions: jadis
How about this stat for Trae

in game one he scored and assisted on 72 points setting a conference finals record
My take is to limit Young to 30 points and game is winnable for the Bucks. :)

Defense and aggressiveness of the Bucks are leading them.

So early? ;)

Well if Young leads them for a comeback, they will need to give him a statue down there.

To me, I see the Bucks lineup is one really built for a title run. Center in Lopez, who has suddenly revived his career, of course Giannis who has a longer sliding footwork than McHale, Middleton, a really tough scorer and gets my vote for one of the hardest working player I've seen, another tough nail PJ Tucker, and Jrue Holiday, who was signed to help Giannis win this year. And to think that they lost starting guard Di Vincenzo to injury. This is as close to a perfect team in recent memory. Plus they've got a good coach who is known as a defensive minded coach. I can't help but think the 80s Celtics vs the young Jordan led Bulls. The Bulls (and now the Hawks) have one guy who can score at will, but the other side has a very balanced team.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu