New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

And to help me forget the opening pre-season loss of the C's, I'll just focus on NBA Mania in Manila. :D How ironic, Bird vs. McHale.

Headline on today's newspaper:

117.jpg

The crowd shooting pics of the players touchdown in the tarmac of the airport. I should say they are rabid fans. :D

112.jpg

And Dwight still clowning around in front of the mall complex of the Arena. Now he thinks he is Atlas. :D

116.jpg

Enjoy the box Phil, don't forget to wear yellow for me. I'll be in the airport lounge when tip off happens. Go Pacers!

Enjoy the box Phil, don't forget to wear yellow for me. I'll be in the airport lounge when tip off happens. Go Pacers!

Thanks a million, buddy. :) Wow...It's gonna be so exciting! I'll bring my Celtics memorabilia in case Larry Bird or Kevin McHale is out there or walking through that door. :D Big dreams! Hahaha....Wish you were there, and we're gonna wear yellow and yes, GO PACERS! This is your year!

Last edited:
Men in black. A sight that create sore eyes. :D But I'm with Paul and KG while our greenies are still green horns.

paul-pierce-nets.jpg

kevin-garnett-nets.jpg

And I may be the only one bullish with the Nets. :D KG will go back to his natural 4, and he will make Brook look good with his passes. There will be now 3 good passers to Brook who also can shoot. And AK-47 Andrei can be a formidable, big 6th or 7th man. 82 games to jell and find their game. The billionaire has laid down his money. Let's see if he gets paid back.

Last edited:

Thanks Steve.

It's past midnight now and I just got home with my son from my first ever live NBA game, pre-season but it sure looks and feels like a regular game. Thanks to Jim and Jack for making this happen!!! :) I'll post more pics tomorrow, but for now here are a few. It was an exhilarating game, wow. I'm gonna get some sleep now. :)

My son and I wearing the Pacers' YELLOW:
DSCN0572.jpg

He couldn't resist putting on a Houston Rockets jersey. He's a big Yao Ming fan from those years. :D

DSCN0610.jpg

Phil, glad that you and you son were able to go to the game.

Better that your son is a fan of Yao than the current Rockets center!!

Thanks Steve.

It's past midnight now and I just got home with my son from my first ever live NBA game, pre-season but it sure looks and feels like a regular game. Thanks to Jim and Jack for making this happen!!! :) I'll post more pics tomorrow, but for now here are a few. It was an exhilarating game, wow. I'm gonna get some sleep now. :)

My son and I wearing the Pacers' YELLOW:
View attachment 12115

He couldn't resist putting on a Houston Rockets jersey. He's a big Yao Ming fan from those years. :D

View attachment 12116

Phil

You know cloning in unethical :D ... I am rooting for the Pacers too...

That's great Phil. A great father-son bonding experience. Looks like you goy there real early to watch the pre game warm ups and shoot arounds

Thanks Steve. I wouldn't miss it for the world. :D I arrived 4 hours before gametime. Plan was to bunk out in a mall beside the arena (same owner) so I wouldn't be caught in any rush hour traffic or sudden downpour which had been happening a lot these weeks. And yeah, I wanted to be there early in case some players are loitering around but no luck. Oh, while I was walking to our box, I chanced upon Jalen Rose and Clyde Drexler walking past by me, I told my son as Clyde was already behind me, 'that's Clyde Drexler', Clyde turned around, looked at me and said, HI. :D They were walking so fast I tried to chase them for an autograph but they disappeared into a private room in a blink of an eye. :D

Phil, glad that you and you son were able to go to the game.

Better that your son is a fan of Yao than the current Rockets center!!

Thanks WLVCA. Well, he actually was cheering for Dwight to dunk during the warm up, and that was all. :D

Phil

You know cloning in unethical :D ... I am rooting for the Pacers too...

Hehe...Pacers are going to improve. Hope Grainger stays and stay healthy this season.

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

111.jpg
112.5.jpg
112.jpg

From left, Drexler, Horry, Ron Harper and Jalen Rose.

113.jpg

Too bad I didn't catch Larry Bird at any door, and he sat at our same side so I all I could do was to wait for him to turn his head a bit to the right. Larry Legend - best friend of Magic Johnson. :D

114.jpg

It was a great game, too bad the Pacers lost but I think they will improve as the addition of Scola and Grainger will help them rest the starters in the playoff grind. Somebody told me that we get to see lots of pushing and shoving in a live game and that's exactly what I saw. The game was fast and furious, and players were banging each other like it was a playoff game. What a thrill of a lifetime for an NBA fan like me. I promise myself the next time I visit the East Coast I will have to take that trip to the Boston TD Garden.

But the big question is how was D12

Based on last night's game, he seems to be perfectly fit and healthy. Nothing much has changed from his game from the last 2 seasons. Still missed free throws, made some shots but Hibbert bothered him you can see that, got some blocks and the game wasn't really about him, it was about Harden, Parsons and Lin, and oh, Casspi, what a great performance last night. The thing about D12, he still clowns around and makes me think he does not take the game with FIRE or intensity much like the emotional faces of Jordan or even Lebron when they make big shots or big plays. Magic Johnson, though he smiled a lot, gets really serious in the game, and those fiery facial expressions when he did those high 5s to Worthy or Kareem are still imprinted in my head. Now I'd like to see Dwight have that attitude, for wanting to 'kill' the enemy. KG has one of the best high intensity facial expressions in recent memory, and my belief is that you got to have that fierce attitude to win it all, So far, D12, I don't see that.

12.jpg

Found this picture among the tons I took last night and it seems that Robert Horry is teaching the other NBA stars how to do the 'planking' dance move popularized in Michael Jackson's 'Smooth Criminal' music video. :D Clyde seems to be a bit 'straight' here, as opposed to reclining. :D

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu