New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

And incoming Commissioner Silver should really looked into those 'over the head' dribbles with matching crossover moves which is like 2-3 steps, those gotta be called 'traveling'. Just saw a game now where Norris Cole did that, most likely trained by Wade. The league has tightened on the lifting of pivot foot rule since the 80s (with the exception for Travelin' James) so if they can call a half inch shuffles as traveling, how can an over the head dribble crossover that took 2 or more steps be considered ok? Rules are rules.

The season has not even begun and rumors are flying about a Kobe free agency and potentially joining D-Rose in Chicago.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/should-bulls-pursue-kobe-bryant?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Kristen Harper

According to recent media reports, the Los Angeles Lakers are evidently allowing Kobe Bryant to test the waters of free agency upon the conclusion of the 2013-14 season.

SportsTalk Live host David Kaplan believes the Chicago Bulls should go after the five-time NBA Champion and 15-time All Star, saying “it is a no-brainer signing.”

[RELATED: Bulls' backcourt the NBA's most athletic, best?]

Would he be a good fit next to former MVP Derrick Rose, potentially bringing an NBA Championship back to the city of Chicago?

Check out the entire discussion in the video above.

I'm sure it's nothing more than just a rumor but this is online today.......

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10...t-contract-status-los-angeles-lakers-jim-buss

The Lakers are in a tough spot. Kobe's injury is one that could end his career or render him significantly less effective. Other super stars may not want to play for the Lakers in Kobe's shadow - like Dwight.

Would be a PR disaster if they let him walk.

If Kobe agreed to a cap friendly deal they might be able to make it work - but he's indicated he'll be looking for the big bucks again.

Kobe has played through injuries before that would debilitate most players but the Achilles may be another story.

I wouldn't want to be Jimmy Buss faced with this decision. He'll have to stall at least until he can see how Kobe performs on the court.

It's been known that Kobe wants to chase his 6th ring before he retires, to equal Jordan's ring collection. I think he was thrilled to have D12 come in last season though the feeling was not mutual. He's going to ponder not only on duplicating his $30m salary this season for a contract extension, but also on his team's chances to bag him another ring. He wants to go out in style and glory. Hence the question, will he test free agency? But of course, on Jim Buss' part, he wants Kobe 100% before he shows him the big money.

Kobe will have to pack his bags to get that 6th ring.

Both he and Pau Gasol are in the final year of their contracts. Nash has one more year to go after this.

It's been known that Kobe wants to chase his 6th ring before he retires, to equal Jordan's ring collection. I think he was thrilled to have D12 come in last season though the feeling was not mutual. He's going to ponder not only on duplicating his $30m salary this season for a contract extension, but also on his team's chances to bag him another ring. He wants to go out in style and glory. Hence the question, will he test free agency? But of course, on Jim Buss' part, he wants Kobe 100% before he shows him the big money.

you can't argue with that. Didn't MJ after retiring the first time to play baseball, and then came back to the NBA, he ended up in Washington not Chicago

you can't argue with that. Didn't MJ after retiring the first time to play baseball, and then came back to the NBA, he ended up in Washington not Chicago

He went to Washington after retiring the second time. After baseball he went back to the Bulls and won 3 more championships.

Last edited:
The new season begins in about 12 hours! I'm optimistic for teams that have re-tooled to chase the title. Let the games begin. :) My C's seem to be in a no-lose situation. Lose more and get to the lottery. Win more and they get respect of the fans. :D I'm gonna be watching the Nets, the Pacers, Doc and the Clips, and the Rockets with keen interest this season. They have one thing in common, the all have one or more ex-C's in there. :D

I feel I had a good preseason, am in game shape and couldn't be more ready to go :)

Simmons/Rose pick the Bulls #1, and. I actually think Rose will be better than before but he has to stay healthy.

Unlike LBJ, Kobe was serious about the Bulls when he was a FA some years ago.

Agreed Phil, the steps LBJ and some others get is a joke.

The Rockets' paint will be an awful place to try and make a living this season.

Why Howard Can Win A Title
Sun, Oct 27, 2013 9:53 PM EDT 6:00 Campus Insiders

Phil Jackson tells Seth Davis why Dwight Howard has the tools to win an NBA title. Plus, find out what career the Zen Master was interested in prior to basketball.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/why-howard-win-title-015353859.html

I've always felt that if D12 gives that fierce, fiery, pumped up and highly emotional look after a key play, key shot or a key blocked shot, he would be a most formidable force in the paint, and in the tradition of great big men in the middle, is a key for a team to win a title. I'd like to see that. Same thing with Melo. Both of them are strong but 'mellow' in the inside. Guys like Isaiah and Magic, they have those patented smiles, yet they showed that tough, mean and angry look when they want to win. And they won.

The Rockets' paint will be an awful place to try and make a living this season.

Oh yeah, Jack. I am looking forward to some very physical plays by the Rockets this season, specially on defense.

I feel I had a good preseason, am in game shape and couldn't be more ready to go :)

Simmons/Rose pick the Bulls #1, and. I actually think Rose will be better than before but he has to stay healthy.

After seeing Rose this pre-season, I must say I'd feel good if I were a Bulls' fan. Hopefully he gets better than ever. The basketball people love to see him in his best. What a great athlete. And coach Thibs is one heck of a premium coach. Upsetting the loaded Nets last season without D.Rose. That says something.

After seeing Rose this pre-season, I must say I'd feel good if I were a Bulls' fan. Hopefully he gets better than ever. The basketball people love to see him in his best. What a great athlete. And coach Thibs is one heck of a premium coach. Upsetting the loaded Nets last season without D.Rose. That says something.

Yeah, and it says something about D-Will too.

The new season begins in about 12 hours! ...
It is indeed a great day!

I'm leaving work early so I can catch the Heat game, that is if somehow I can pull myself away from those other riveting threads here about analog vs. digital :D

I hate the HEat but I fear they are heading for their 3-peat :( They are so loaded they can experiment: They have gotten Michael beasley back, he is a head-case but talented enough to have been the overall #2 in the 2008 draft and the Heat pick... And they have Greg Olden a so far brittle player both were gotten at bargain-basement salary level.. Both can play , especially Beasley who has proven flash of brilliance in te past ... and they still have LBJ, DWate and Bosh ...
I don't see what is "loaded" about the Nets..
The Knicks defense is so far porous and may remain so.
The Bulls depend entirely on a healthy D-Rose: he is coming back from serious injuries... Let'e keep our fingers crossed

On the West side:

The Clippers, I simply don't see them winning consistently
The Rockets are very good but they seem to bot have gelled as a team and I am not sure D-12 will carry them far ...
The Thunders are unraveling
The Spurs are too old , this time, really too old ..
The Lakers :( ...

Who can go head to head with the Heat when comes championship times? The Pacers are our best (Heat-fearers and haters) chance ... if they fold , ... 3-peat :(

=Ron Party;228142I'm leaving work early so I can catch the Heat game, that is if somehow I can pull myself away from those other riveting threads here about analog vs. digital :D

LOL and that's far from the only such thread.

They are so loaded they can experiment: They have gotten Michael beasley back, he is a head-case but talented enough to have been the overall #2 in the 2008 draft and the Heat pick... And they have Greg Olden a so far brittle player both were gotten at bargain-basement salary level.. Both can play , especially Beasley who has proven flash of brilliance in te past ... and they still have LBJ, DWate and Bosh ...

Don't agree on some of this Franz, my internal debate is whether it's just wishful thinking on my part, but:

I don't see them as so loaded past LeBron and Wade. It's why I think many of the top teams of yore would have taken them out -- they were a lot more loaded across the lineup. Beasley's done nothing of impact anywhere. Like Oden but for different reasons he defines promise w/o production. The Heat environment might help focus Beasley but it won't help Oden stay on the floor.

IIRC, Bosh made about one memorable play in the finals; the tip to Allen. Maybe a jumper here or there?

LBJ is the best, but to me, the whole thing is Wade's knee. Don't know what happened between the Eastern Conference finals where he could barely move and the Finals where he looked more like himself, but that's the difference maker this season, not any of the other guys.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu