New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Clippers - Nets starts shortly. Interesting evening for all the former Celtics.

I hope that gossip magazine is wrong about Lamar but I fear they may be correct.

It will also put the Clippers over the salary cap.

Clippers - Nets starts shortly. Interesting evening for all the former Celtics.

I hope that gossip magazine is wrong about Lamar but I fear they may be correct.

It will also put the Clippers over the salary cap.

5 former Celtics are in the building tonight. Joe Johnson is the 5th.

I just turned on the game. Garnett, Pierce and Deron Williams will not play tonight due to "minor injuries."

Too bad, I was hoping for a good game with all hands on deck.

I just turned on the game. Garnett, Pierce and Deron Williams will not play tonight due to "minor injuries."

Too bad, I was hoping for a good game with all hands on deck.

oh too bad. am still out. might be able to catch the 4th later.

And the euphoria for Celtics fans has ended, 4 game win streak then, now on a 3 game (and counting) losing streak. The tanking thing is back on track. :D

Last edited:
Rose finds his touch, ends Pacers 9 win streak. Here we go!

Oh please no, don't give us Amare, we already have 2 fat contracts and non-performing assets, Wallace and Humphries. Don't need a third one. And we value our fire extinguishers. We want draft picks. :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reports-knicks-eye-deal-celtics-060036613--nba.html

Reports: Knicks eye deal for Celtics' Rondo
By The Sports Xchange 6 hours ago The SportsXchange

The New York Knicks, long rumored to be shopping guard Iman Shumpert, are offering him to the Boston Celtics in a bid for injured point guard Rajon Rondo, multiple media outlets reported Sunday.

Multiple reports also surfaced Sunday that Shumpert underwent a previously unrevealed left knee surgery last summer. Shumpert had an operation on the same knee in the spring of 2012, causing him to miss the start of the 2012-13 season.

Shumpert, 23, did not miss any action this season. He is averaging 8.3 points (matching his career figure) along with 5.2 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 30.7 minutes over the first nine games.

According to both the New York Daily News and ESPNNewYork.com, the Knicks' target in a deal with Boston would be Rondo. The 27-year-old point guard has yet to play this season as he recovers from surgery in February to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Rondo has career averages of 11.1 points, 4.5 rebounds and 8.3 assists per game.

In their bid to acquire Rondo, the Knicks are offering power forward Shumpert, Amar'e Stoudemire and point guard Raymond Felton, the Daily News reported, though the story said the Celtics weren't biting. ESPNNewYork.com mentioned Shumpert and Stoudemire as possible trade pieces who could be sent to Boston.

According to the Daily News, the Knicks also had discussions with the Denver Nuggets and the Sacramento Kings regarding Shumpert, who is in his third season out of Georgia Tech.

Oh please no, don't give us Amare, we already have 2 fat contracts and non-performing assets, Wallace and Humphries. Don't need a third one. And we value our fire extinguishers. We want draft picks. :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reports-knicks-eye-deal-celtics-060036613--nba.html

Reports: Knicks eye deal for Celtics' Rondo
By The Sports Xchange 6 hours ago The SportsXchange

The New York Knicks, long rumored to be shopping guard Iman Shumpert, are offering him to the Boston Celtics in a bid for injured point guard Rajon Rondo, multiple media outlets reported Sunday.

Multiple reports also surfaced Sunday that Shumpert underwent a previously unrevealed left knee surgery last summer. Shumpert had an operation on the same knee in the spring of 2012, causing him to miss the start of the 2012-13 season.

Shumpert, 23, did not miss any action this season. He is averaging 8.3 points (matching his career figure) along with 5.2 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 30.7 minutes over the first nine games.

According to both the New York Daily News and ESPNNewYork.com, the Knicks' target in a deal with Boston would be Rondo. The 27-year-old point guard has yet to play this season as he recovers from surgery in February to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Rondo has career averages of 11.1 points, 4.5 rebounds and 8.3 assists per game.

In their bid to acquire Rondo, the Knicks are offering power forward Shumpert, Amar'e Stoudemire and point guard Raymond Felton, the Daily News reported, though the story said the Celtics weren't biting. ESPNNewYork.com mentioned Shumpert and Stoudemire as possible trade pieces who could be sent to Boston.

According to the Daily News, the Knicks also had discussions with the Denver Nuggets and the Sacramento Kings regarding Shumpert, who is in his third season out of Georgia Tech.

I know they are reportedly in talks to bring Rondo to NY, but for some reason I find it hard to believe they are going to send their only remaining chess piece to their arch rivals (NY KNICKS). I know they are trying to retool with some younger players and try for another run at a championship a few years down the line but why would they help the Knicks along the way? That's like the Lakers trading D Howard to the Clippers!?
I'm not saying its a bad idea. I'll take Rondo over Felton any day. Lets see how everything plays out. Also, if it does happen.....who is going to run point until Rondo recovers?

I know they are reportedly in talks to bring Rondo to NY, but for some reason I find it hard to believe they are going to send their only remaining chess piece to their arch rivals (NY KNICKS). I know they are trying to retool with some younger players and try for another run at a championship a few years down the line but why would they help the Knicks along the way? That's like the Lakers trading D Howard to the Clippers!?
I'm not saying its a bad idea. I'll take Rondo over Felton any day. Lets see how everything plays out. Also, if it does happen.....who is going to run point until Rondo recovers?

True. There was a time, a few years back, when Rondo was one of the better or best PG in the league, that there was rumors of him being traded for Chris Paul, and that would be a more 'sound' player for Boston to receive. My eyes on this Knicks rumor is actually not set on the C's helping NYK with this deal, but more on me not wanting to see Amare in the C's uniform. Frankly, I would rather get Melo than Amare. :) I'd shop Rondo for a PG that can score 15-20 ppg, if I had to trade him.

Clippers play Grizzlies in LA tonight.

Hard to believe the Grizzlies fired Lionel Hollins.

Their stats driven / moneyball management hasn't worked out so well to this point.

These two teams don't like each other very much - should be an interesting game.

Clippers play Grizzlies in LA tonight.

Hard to believe the Grizzlies fired Lionel Hollins.

Their stats driven / moneyball management hasn't worked out so well to this point.

These two teams don't like each other very much - should be an interesting game.
What I find even more surprising is no one picked up either Lionel or George Karl. VDN however ;)

What I find even more surprising is no one picked up either Lionel or George Karl. VDN however ;)

to me, most specially i feel for george karl. how many gets fired after winning the coach of the year award? and that nobody even wants you thereafter...that's tough to take.

Seeing how Jason Kidd opted to start Reggis Evans for tonight's game as Brooke is injured when 6-11 mountain Andre Blatche is available (he came off the bench tonight) makes me wonder why Billy King or Proky chose him over Hollins or Karl.

Who are they playing? Does the opponent have a good stretch 4?

Tony Allen was given a flagrant 2 and removed from the game for kicking Chris Paul in the face. Grit and grind is one thing, dirty play is something else.

Who are they playing? Does the opponent have a good stretch 4?

nets just lost to Portland, jack. not familiar with Portland's line up. lots of injured players on the nets. williams now has both ankles hurting.

LaMarcus Aldridge. Deadly from midrange. Can put the ball and the floor and runs with the transition D. I don't think Blatche could catch him.

LaMarcus Aldridge. Deadly from midrange. Can put the ball and the floor and runs with the transition D. I don't think Blatche could catch him.

Jack, starting Reggie Evans at 5 pits him with Robin Lopez - that's 6-8 vs 7-0. Aldridge at 4 is matched with KG. What I meant was Blatche should have started at 5 against Lopez, both 7 footers, instead of Evans.

Yup but Aldridge plays both 4 and 5. Mostly 5 last year and this one I think.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu