New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Aaaah reminiscing on a Sunday morning :)

I remember "taking a break" from the Lakers when Worthy retired. The return of Magic didn't ignite anything even if I liked Eddie Jones and Nick the Quick. Still, my eyes were turned East. There I was seriously enjoying the emergence of the young gun pairing of Penny and Shaq who made it to the Finals knocking out the returning MJ and his Bulls but were swept by Hakeem and the Rockets. I was irked that LA seduced Shaq. I just felt bad for the expansion team triggering my support for the small market teams whose best players were poached often. I hate bullying. Come to think of it all the fights I had in school were about getting bullies off of my more defenseless classmates. The Shaq led Lakers later beat the crap out of Indiana and that sealed it. LA was no longer my lady. That said, there was still some love there and the Baby Buss debacle was still hard to watch.

I've since not had any full time loyalty. This year I'm looking at the Sixers to see just how "The Process" finally turns out. I'm also intrigued by the Timberwolves out of morbid curiosity on how Thibs will either shape his players or run them into the ground. I called the Pistons a couple of years and a lot of pages back but my dislike for Bill will likely never have me rooting for them LOL

Gotta chat with Keith one day re our 'heroes' then. :D

Which reminds me, my brother would clap and hoot each time the Lakers score against the Celtics in one Finals matchup, as we watched on TV. He was a sore Sixers fan as his team got booted by the C's in the playoffs. I couldn't stand his cheering right beside me so I went to another room, but he up'ed his clapping I could still hear his cheering from where I was. :D Well, today he must still be 'trusting the process' of the Sixers... :D

Remember the UHF antennas we set up so we could catch the feed from FEN? LOL!

*for you guys Stateside, FEN was the US Military broadcast station that was being transmitted from Clark Airbase :)

Remember the UHF antennas we set up so we could catch the feed from FEN? LOL!

*for you guys Stateside, FEN was the US Military broadcast station that was being transmitted from Clark Airbase :)

Oh yes, FEN. The best thing that ever happened to me (us) in the 80s when Cable TV was non existent in the Philippines. :) The luck of my life, a tech man walks in our office and asked to buy some 3/8" aluminum tube/pipes from our factory. After the sale was done, he asked me, sir, maybe you'd want to have a US antenna installed, I make them. Huh? Really? I was skeptical, then he explained to me his UHF antenna design, with a booster, could 'suck' the FEN signal from Clark Air Base to my place in Quezon City. The rest is history, it led to some 'cold war' events with my brother. :D

Cleveland lost to the Hawks who have 5 players in the injured list. Wonder what is wrong as Rose and Wade are doing well.

Celtics got their 8th straight win after putting the clamps on Orlando's top scorers. Who would have thought. Brad is good, so is Ainge for getting these players.

Celtics got their 8th straight win after putting the clamps on Orlando's top scorers. Who would have thought. Brad is good, so is Ainge for getting these players.

as Frantz correctly pointed out the addition of Kyrie brought the Celtics to the top shelf in the East

as Frantz correctly pointed out the addition of Kyrie brought the Celtics to the top shelf in the East
And I feel Irving's play making is transforming Horford into a flying machine. Before, Al was just a set shooter.

Cavs defense abducted by aliens

C's win 9th straight, KI drops 35 and took over the fourth with 12 points. Rookie Tatum pours 21. Hawks suddenly are tough to beat.

^ That game was a tough finish. As u say the Hawks were not easy at the end.
Too many road games in a row!

^ That game was a tough finish. As u say the Hawks were not easy at the end.
Too many road games in a row!

Yup, three road games. Finally heading home.

I've been away from the action due to a death in my wife's family, her only aunt. Tough one for her.

Returned to Tucson today to see my Clippers have fallen to a 5-4 record and are playing the Spurs tonight and losing at the moment.

Hope your Lakers do better than the Clippers as we lost to the injury plagued Spurs tonight.

Wonder if Lavar will be there. Oh wait he is in China with an arrested son.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing