New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The Lakers are buying a team with the hope that the King and his court will win a championship in the next 2 years otherwise kiss it good bye because the 3-5 years after this trade the Lakers will be mired in the cellar with no first round draft choices

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
There has been "zero"anything on Klay since he walked out on crutches and had a torn ACL. I've heard nothing since

From what I've heard from my friends in the Clippers front office, Jerry West has been spending a lot of time with Klay during his recovery. :)

(forgot to add the smiley before)

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This is an interesting assessment of Kyrie going to the Nets but the Nets put on some brake. "KD is injured, and Kyrie is Damaged Goods." The first 2 minutes says it all about Kyrie in Boston.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Kyrie is Damaged Goods

Ahhh, damaged goods. He'd be ideal for the Lakers

Seriously, does anyone want Kyrie or is being the past PG for the Celts a "kiss of death" as we also followed Thomas' departure and demise

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ahhh, damaged goods. He'd be ideal for the Lakers

Seriously, does anyone want Kyrie or is being the past PG for the Celts a "kiss of death" as we also followed Thomas' departure and demise

Teams will now think twice before giving him the max, which should easily be in the $30m plus per year level. But the problem with him, Steve, is that he has proven himself NOT to be the main man or Batman. Brad gave him all the leeway to lead and he just didn't sail thru. And unconsciously, he manifested it by calling up his former Batman to apologize, for not cleaning the bat mobile. :D Kyrie was supposed to be the irresistible upgrade to Thomas, or so we Celtics fans thought. He came to Boston with such high credentials after wanting out of the shadows of LeBron, only to realize he needs to be someone's shadow.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

I have to admit that my Cinderella team this year that I hope makes a huge impact in the west if not the league is the Pels
and I'm glad they stuck it to the Lakers who by Vegas odds are the team to beat this year. This to me smacks of the time a few years ago Lakers hired Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and everyone proclaimed the title was theirs. I am hearing it again this year but just can't cozy up to that prediction by the odds makers
I think Zion Williamson is a modest kid with great skils and will be a superstar in this league

Pelicans get their man: Zion Williamson brings franchise-changing potential to New Orleans
New Orleans hopes No. 1 pick can end franchise's run of playoff futility
Steve Aschburner
Steve Aschburner NBA.com

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/06/20/zion-brings-rare-potential-rebuilding-pelicans

Steve Williams

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
If they actually botched the trade like that, that’s true incompetence.

Team I’d like to see do well is Utah — building a team through good drafting/good coaching/timely trades.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What’s the latest with the Rockets. Did Paul and Harden kiss and make up

No news on that either, I can't imagine any team taking CP3's aging rich man's contract.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I have to admit that my Cinderella team this year that I hope makes a huge impact in the west if not the league is the Pels
and I'm glad they stuck it to the Lakers who by Vegas odds are the team to beat this year. This to me smacks of the time a few years ago Lakers hired Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and everyone proclaimed the title was theirs. I am hearing it again this year but just can't cozy up to that prediction by the odds makers
I think Zion Williamson is a modest kid with great skils and will be a superstar in this league

Pelicans get their man: Zion Williamson brings franchise-changing potential to New Orleans
New Orleans hopes No. 1 pick can end franchise's run of playoff futility
Steve Aschburner
Steve Aschburner NBA.com

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/06/20/zion-brings-rare-potential-rebuilding-pelicans

I can see Zion's greatness. That intro bit of Grant Hill pre draft was scintillating. High school windmill dunk was out of this wor;d. If he stays focused on winning he will get the Pelicans to the top. On seconds thoughts, why didn't AD, after so many years bring the Pelicans there? They did go to the playoffs in 2015 and were giving the Warriors some fight till Curry went ballistic. So same old story with LeBron, who could not win anything in Cleveland for 8 years, gave up and went to play for Wade in Miami. Now, AD is doing the same dance, pretty uncanny. In Miami there was Riley to mold the team. In LAL, there is ummm...James.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Chris Broussard believes AD will be on 'load management' in the regular season. He points out that in AD's 7 years, only 2 seasons had he played more than 68 games. Interesting.

Edit:

At the 6.00 mark Broussard mentioned something even more interesting. Why would Kyrie leave Boston for Brooklyn by himself? Dinwiddie and the young players will now feel like the young players of Boston taking on the 'leadership' of Kyrie. So he suggests why not Kyrie call up KD to join him in Boston, call up Danny Ainge for that. Now that is some idea.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lakers reportedly want D'Angelo Russell back, and he may be interested

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/nba/la-lakers-want-d-angelo-russell-back-a1931-20190623

That would be interesting IF Kyrie signs with the Nets. D-Lo goes back to Lakers, that is if James allows him to stay there for long. :D

It just occurred to me that the Lakers had 3 consecutive No, 2 picks - 2015 D-Lo, 2016 Brandon Ingram, and 2017 Lonzo Ball, all of whom have been traded away. Mighty fast too, I would say.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Around $44m for the next 5 years for a total of $221m, Warriors can offer KD the super max. So $40m for Steph, $18.50m for Green, $17m for Iggy, $120m without Klay, so how did they create the cap space for KD and Klay if ever they re sign when the salary cap is $109m?

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I hope Kawhi sticks with he Raps a couple more years at least, would be a shame to see a championship team fall apart so fast.

Hope too the Nets don’t sign Kyrie —.unlike the Knicks, they’re a well-managed (Built a competitor with no first rounders for years), well-coached (overachieving), unselfish team that Kyrie would likely destroy the chemistry of.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing