New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This is a kind of game I have no trouble taking. I can live with such a performance of a rookie hitting 37 points in a ECF. One for the books. And the rave yesterday was about Jerami Grant's 26 points. Hats off to the Heat. They are very good in the playoffs. No need to mention they beat the highly touted Bucks. That says it all. I doubt if C's have what it takes to overcome a 1-3 deficit. They do not have any Jokic or Murray to start with. :)

Reactions: christoph

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Whaddid I say about Grant last Sunday Phil..... I is Psychic LOL!

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Whaddid I say about Grant last Sunday Phil..... I is Psychic LOL!
Way to go, Jack. I'm a believer! LOL

Now, can you say something prophetically good about those bench warmers of the Celtics, like the 2 Williams Grant and Rob aka Time Lord, who ironically isn't given time by Brad. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
From a Celtics FB fan page...:D

viber_image_2020-09-24_16-47-54.jpg

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2020-09-23/lakers-nuggets-game-four[/QUOTE]
Just saw the Lakers are crying to the league that LeBron isn't getting any foul calls in his favor. Sheeesh.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2020-09-23/lakers-nuggets-game-four

Sheesh indeed. That has always been the case with this superstar treatment that Lebron seeks. I have never seen any so called GOAT candidate whine and cry at just about any calls that he doesn't like and does all necessary antics he feels that can influence the refs calls in the future. Again, why can't he just play basketball and let the refs do their jobs. For sure the refs are only human. we live and die with their calls. But to claim that he, due to his name and stature need to go to the foul line xxxx amount of time? Sheesh.

And isn't that criticizing the refs? Presenting a case to the league that the refs are not calling fouls on their 'star'? No fine from Silver. Oh yeah. I get it. Rich Paul's gonna call him and warn him about something.....:eek:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And talking about Rich Paul, I stumbled into this articles last week,

Los Angeles Lakers: Rich Paul’s takeover of the purple and gold

by Davide Tovani 2 months ago Follow @DavideTovani
  • Klutch Sports’ founder Rich Paul keeps feeding his clients to the Los Angeles Lakers.
With J.R. Smith signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, Rich Paul adds another piece to his chessboard of pieces donning the purple and gold.
Smith is now the sixth player represented by Klutch Sports to be part of the Lakers in the current season. He joins LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Dion Waiters and Talen Horton-Tucker.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2020/07/03/los-angeles-lakers-rich-paul-klutch-sports/

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
But to claim that he, due to his name and stature need to go to the foul line xxxx amount of time? Sheesh.

LeBum found another stat where he could be THE BEST:
Most neglected star to receive chances to fail at the free throw line :mad:

We could add another one: most uncalled travelings :rolleyes:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
To all you LeBron bashers I have to agree he can’t shoot free throws and he travels but so does Giannis and Harden etc

i have watched every game played by every team in the bubble and I can say that if Lakers lose tonight the Nuggs could pull off the biggest upset second only to the Clipps. The Nuggs have the stamina to outlast the Lakers who were clearly winded by the pace

as for the East the Celtics are done. im betting in a gentleman’s sweep. Gordon Hayward proved to be a bust and Tatum did nothing in the first half.

The Heat could be the dream team this year. Yesterday they played only so so but still had the talent to beat the Celts

And finally the Cinderella ending to the finals would be a Heat Nuggs series. I believe the snugs can beat the Heat but tonight’s game is the pivotal game. Lakers win and it’s likely over. If Nuggs win anything is possible

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
To all you LeBron bashers I have to agree he can’t shoot free throws and he travels but so does Giannis and Harden etc

i have watched every game played by every team in the bubble and I can say that if Lakers lose tonight the Nuggs could pull off the biggest upset second only to the Clipps. The Nuggs have the stamina to outlast the Lakers who were clearly winded by the pace

as for the East the Celtics are done. im betting in a gentleman’s sweep. Gordon Hayward proved to be a bust and Tatum did nothing in the first half.

The Heat could be the dream team this year. Yesterday they okayed only so so but still had the talent to beat the Celts

And finally the Cinderella ending to the finals would be a Heat Nuggs series. I believe the snugs can beat the Heat but tonight’s game is the pivotal game. Lakers win and it’s likely over. If Nuggs win anything is possible
Well Steve, the winning charm of the Nuggets is being down 1-3. If they can indeed pull off 3 series wins from 1-3, they should get 2 trophies. That would cement their place in playoff lore. I saw a locker room pep talk by Mike Malone, he is very good at it and can really inspire players. And I have not seen Harris explode so far as he did last year. But I'm sure the Lakers will jump the gun early as like the Heat did. The ones who are mentally prepared will advance. Heat should be there.

Steve Williams

Phil

You know that for you and I, Mike and Christoph and Jack we have all had our favorites. You know I will never consider LeBron part of the Lakers purple and gold. He was brought there for one reason so if he wins it it will certainly make me happy.

so the only way to remove all bias from us where no one has a team, how about a Heat-Nuggets final. If that happened the Nuggs would be forever a part of history if they won

Lastly we all have to admit that at his age even though his game is off he does have the ability to change games, I feel this year will be his last best shot at it.

so to me never a Laker. Just a journeyman trophy winner. Same can be said for Kawhi. I don’t associate him with any team

Steve Williams

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil

You know that for you and I, Mike and Christoph and Jack we have all had our favorites. You know I will never consider LeBron part of the Lakers purple and gold. He was brought there for one reason so if he wins it it will certainly make me happy.

so the only way to remove all bias from us where no one has a team, how about a Heat-Nuggets final. If that happened the Nuggs would be forever a part of history if they won

Lastly we all have to admit that at his age even though his game is off he does have the ability to change games, I feel this year will be his last best shot at it.

so to me never a Laker. Just a journeyman trophy winner. Same can be said for Kawhi. I don’t associate him with any team
Agree Steve. Surely you're position is well understood and difficult indeed to balance when Lebron suddenly chose to end his career in LA. Honestly, I didn't feel much animosity about that move until he made all those moves to bring AD with all those Rich Paul actions and me being a Celtics fan, what really spun me around was the warning given by Paul to Ainge and Ainge alone not to trade for Davis when he knew DA had long wanted to get AD for years. Anyway, the rest is history and we can only watch what happens. Indeed a Heat Nuggets Finals will be nice as I said too the Heat deserve the position where they are now and worked so hard at it. And the Nuggets have excited everyone so far even though they trail at the moment. Agree too with your views of
Lebron and Kawhi being journey men. They are shoppers of rings. :)

Steve Williams

15-12 Lakers with 6:49 left in 1st

Dwight is playing a strong game

Murray IMO is about as good a shooter as Steph Curry and IMO Steph is the very best

Plus Harris from the corner making 3's ........

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing