New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Good article about GM and Coach changes for Boston Celtics. Speculating Ainge may end up at Utah (his home state) or even Portland. Insight on the coaching search, too. Two former Clippers mentioned - Sam Cassell and Chauncey Billips.

Reactions: jadis and christoph
Here's another good article which reinforces what I have been saying that just been a great team isn't good enough now. You have to be a great "young team" with which I completely agree

Fresh-faced superstars lead NBA into conference semifinals

A new group of superstars are starting to write their playoff stories as the conference semifinals get underway.

Reactions: jadis and christoph
Good article about GM and Coach changes for Boston Celtics. Speculating Ainge may end up at Utah (his home state) or even Portland. Insight on the coaching search, too. Two former Clippers mentioned - Sam Cassell and Chauncey Billips.

I still do not understand the logic in firing Stotts to hire a freshman coach with zero coaching talents such as Billups.

Reactions: jadis
I still do not understand the logic in firing Stotts to hire a freshman coach with zero coaching talents such as Billups.
Stotts was there for 9 years and the team didn't advance far enough in the playoffs. Players get tired of the same old coaching mentality. Same thing happened to Doc Rivers.

Every head coach in the NBA had to get his first head coaching job at one point.

Fair to say Billips has zero head coaching experiece, not fair to say he has zero coaching talent. He may be good and he may not be good. We don't know yet.

I'm not saying Billips is a lock to get the job - or even deserves the job - but the guy is certainly worthy of consideration based on the leadership he demonstrated as a player, his credibilty as a media analyst and his coaching experience - short as that may be.

Steve Nash is coaching the team that most have favored to win the championship this season and it is his first year as a head coach. I don't think he was even an assistant coach on the NBA.

Here's one that should be familiar to you - Pat Riley.

After his playing career he was an TV analyst for two years, an assistant coach of two years and then was made head coach of the Lakers.

Riley won 4 NBA championships and made 7 Finals appearances in 9 years as the Lakers head coach.

Pretty good for a guy who had no previous head coaching experience.

Larry Brown was the head coach of nine different NBA teams - and he never won an NBA championship.

Brooklyn looks invincible again tonight - Bucks can't keep up.

Blake Griffin is getting a lot of minutes tonight for the Nets.

Reactions: christoph
Brooklyn looks invincible again tonight - Bucks can't keep up.

Blake Griffin is getting a lot of minutes tonight for the Nets.
Bucks have no answer on the powerhouse offense of the Net, and they even don't have Harden and Dinwiddie. :) This potent lineup reminds me of the 'on paper dominance' of the Moses Malone Philly 'Fo Fo Fo' team. :D

On another note, I was thinking that at least the Celtics beat the Nets in 1 game and stayed close on the others without Brown and much of Kemba. :D

Stotts was there for 9 years and the team didn't advance far enough in the playoffs. Players get tired of the same old coaching mentality. Same thing happened to Doc Rivers.

Every head coach in the NBA had to get his first head coaching job at one point.

Fair to say Billips has zero head coaching experiece, not fair to say he has zero coaching talent. He may be good and he may not be good. We don't know yet.

I'm not saying Billips is a lock to get the job - or even deserves the job - but the guy is certainly worthy of consideration based on the leadership he demonstrated as a player, his credibilty as a media analyst and his coaching experience - short as that may be.

Steve Nash is coaching the team that most have favored to win the championship this season and it is his first year as a head coach. I don't think he was even an assistant coach on the NBA.

Here's one that should be familiar to you - Pat Riley.

After his playing career he was an TV analyst for two years, an assistant coach of two years and then was made head coach of the Lakers.

Riley won 4 NBA championships and made 7 Finals appearances in 9 years as the Lakers head coach.

Pretty good for a guy who had no previous head coaching experience.

Larry Brown was the head coach of nine different NBA teams - and he never won an NBA championship.
You’re absolutely right. Same with Steve Kerr. Having said that I would pick Chauncey over D’Antoni any day

It’s true. I really don’t think there is a team in the west that matches up with them except the Suns Right now I’m favoring the Suns to come out of the West so anything is possible in best of 7 series Yet I think it’s a safe bet on Nets to win

KD is rally a different KD from his days in OKC. He is Mr. Clutch, and even from the 3 point line to boot. Clearly he is out to win this title with no asterisks, it's his team.

Giannis , on the other hand, does not explode for 40-50 points, at least in these 2 games. He has to. Bucks need him go carry the team. Holiday and Middleton are there only to help him.

Reactions: christoph
It’s true. I really don’t think there is a team in the west that matches up with them except the Suns Right now I’m favoring the Suns to come out of the West so anything is possible in best of 7 series Yet I think it’s a safe bet on Nets to win
While are agree the Suns are really hot and good, I'd still like to see the Clippers challenge the Nets. For me they have the star power, experience, and the longevity in a game to last, a bit more than the Suns who have to rest CP3 more due to his age, and the young kids like Payne and Bridges might have rookie jitters. Morris and Reggie and Rondo are tougher, imo. There needs to be some physicality to bruise with the Nets, not contend them with a shootout. At this point, the Nets are not sweating. I recall the Lakers Finals with Boston. After 4 games, KC Jones called of a very physical type of defense with Dennis Johnson on Magic and Maxwell on Worthy. Of course the infamous McHale clothesline became a natural occurrence but in the end, it worked for the C's.

Well if you had any doubts about the Suns tonight’s game should prove that they are for real. Four players with at least 20 points so they are a very deep team

phoenix still hot and easily beat the Nuggs

122-105

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing