New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Clippers and the Warriors tonight at Staples Center. :)

Good game, I'd like to see how Doc can limit the Warriors to below 140 points. :D

I think the 'Big 3 but 1 ball only' talk is being doused by the Warriors' 'feed the ball to the hot hands' that on any given night, either Klay, Curry or KD could score big and it's goodnight Irene time.

Good game, I'd like to see how Doc can limit the Warriors to below 140 points. :D

I think the 'Big 3 but 1 ball only' talk is being doused by the Warriors' 'feed the ball to the hot hands' that on any given night, either Klay, Curry or KD could score big and it's goodnight Irene time.

Warriors are as scary as ever. I do however know now from Ron that Steph Curry was @ 60% .. Fair enough but in the previous year when they won , he wasn't up to his best either IMO. He needs to play a Steph Curry level championship to take this monkey off his back. Truth to be told , a team facing the Warriors have their work cut out. KD is not too far from undefendable quite often and if Curry manages to bring his Regular-season game to a Championship, the chances to beat them are as close to zero as it can be.
Two things we witnessed last year: 1) Kyrie Irving is a bonafide superstar. 2) Lebron James at this point in time is not only the best player in the NBA but cemented his position as one of the best ever. An Oscar Robertson/Magic Johnson set of skills in a Karl Malone body and with the fleetness of the better Point Guards. Those two are nearly impossible to defend too.. Looks like a Warriors-Cavs Finals for next year unless San Antonio .. Yeah ! Them in their usual businesslike and stealthy way (While no one is looking, they're second in the Western Conference, just 1/2 game behind GS Warriors) ... Or the Raptors (much better than anyone think they are or should) spoil the party ... They're also 2nd in their conference.

I don't see the Clippers or Thunders winning the West... They'll make it interesting though.

2) Lebron James at this point in time is not only the best player in the NBA but cemented his position as one of the best ever. An Oscar Robertson/Magic Johnson set of skills in a Karl Malone body and with the fleetness of the better Point Guards. Those two are nearly impossible to defend too.

If he has a career free of no call travelings ( 8 steps recorded on youtube step by step with markers in a playoff game), no step over tauntings ( no T as well for him and I'm sure he gladly took the hit in the nuts for it), :D and no body take downs when trailing in a game (to Curry in a Finals game and no T either nor flagrant 2 - he was not going for the ball), I'd begin to think of comparing him with with Magic Johnson whom to me, has THE greatest feat of a rookie player ever to win a title w/o the Big Man Jabbar (ie, HELP), on a 42/15/7 championship game. :D :D

but in the previous year when they won , he wasn't up to his best either IMO.

He wasn't. He scored 26 in game 1, to go with 8 assists and the Dubs win. Then he let Delly push him around in game 2 and *only* scored 19. He scored 27 in game 3 but Cleveland went up 2-1. Then we had the coach's decision that changed the series, inserting Iggy in the starting lineup. Dubs win game 4 with Curry scoring 22 with 7 assists. Come game 5, Curry put on a show with 37 points. Game 6 in Cleveland he scores 25.

So, over 6 games Curry averaged a cool 26 points. Not bad. Not bad at all for a player who in a few of the early games wasn't at his best. I'll take Curry not at his best over, well, any other point guard in the league.

...Magic Johnson whom to me, has THE greatest feat of a rookie player ever to win a title w/o the Big Man Jabbar (ie, HELP), on a 42/15/7 championship game. :D :D
I remember watching that game as if it was yesterday. What Magic didn't do, he gave to Silk to do... I think he scored 35.

Hi

Count me among the LBJ haters but .... guys do you really have a case to think the man is not the best player in the NBA at this point in time? Really???

Now my favorite player ever is Magic and one thing people do forget is that Magic had to change his game to a finesse type when he hurt both knees in his 2nd or third season and then came back with a slight limp, he retained somewhat his entire career .. that slight limp .. He changed his style ( no more dunking, rather laying up more often or positioning himself for the rebounds rather then jumping to grab them ) and remains one of the greatest ever...
Still LBJ is as good they get and however I hate him and however they give him the Traveling passes, the man is a spectacular player, the likes of him we haven't seen in a while.

Curry IMO wasn't his spectacular self in the Finals they won, it is not a fluke that Iguadola was the MVP, Curry scored but he wasn't the decisive factor IMO. He will get his points but he wasn't the goto person in those games IME. I wasn't aware of his condition for this year so I'll give him a pass but there is no denying the greatness of LBJ, He won this Championship in a rather spectacular fashion however way you slice and dice it ... Those numbers are LOUD: Finals MVP: LeBron James (29.7 PPG/ 11.3 RPG / 8.9APG/2.6 SPG/2.3 BPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) > Care to show me the last time you've seen anything remotely close?

The Man was a Monster Offensively and Defensively.. That is greatness.

LBJ is amazing. Combination of so many attributes that makes a great. Shooting accuracy is his only deficiency.

Hi

Count me among the LBJ haters but .... guys do you really have a case to think the man is not the best player in the NBA at this point in time? Really???

Now my favorite player ever is Magic and one thing people do forget is that Magic had to change his game to a finesse type when he hurt both knees in his 2nd or third season and then came back with a slight limp, he retained somewhat his entire career .. that slight limp .. He changed his style ( no more dunking, rather laying up more often or positioning himself for the rebounds rather then jumping to grab them ) and remains one of the greatest ever...
Still LBJ is as good they get and however I hate him and however they give him the Traveling passes, the man is a spectacular player, the likes of him we haven't seen in a while.

Curry IMO wasn't his spectacular self in the Finals they won, it is not a fluke that Iguadola was the MVP, Curry scored but he wasn't the decisive factor IMO. He will get his points but he wasn't the goto person in those games IME. I wasn't aware of his condition for this year so I'll give him a pass but there is no denying the greatness of LBJ, He won this Championship in a rather spectacular fashion however way you slice and dice it ... Those numbers are LOUD: Finals MVP: LeBron James (29.7 PPG/ 11.3 RPG / 8.9APG/2.6 SPG/2.3 BPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) > Care to show me the last time you've seen anything remotely close?

The Man was a Monster Offensively and Defensively.. That is greatness.

Right on Frantz. I agree completely. LBJ's as good as it gets

I'm watching the game now.

He is truly just as you say but like you I'm not a fan

Those numbers of James don't mean anything to me if he plays outside the rules of basketball. Why does he get those illegal passes? Is that in the stat book too? Full body take downs? If there's anything I admire him for, it's class A intimidation tactics. Oh gosh how I wish the Bad Boys of Pistons were in this era to give him a dose of his own medicine. :D

Warriors rout Clippers. No doctor's formula.

Meanwhile the C's have been winning some games. Still hoping we can land a big trade soon. We have 2 Draft picks from last July who are playing overseas. Too many pawns, few bishops.

The Warriors looked like a well greased machine that were firing on all cylinders

Barring injuries, I don't see how any team in the NBA presently constituted can beat the Warriors in a 7-game series ... They weren't making their 3-points 7 for 20 yet they won , scoring 115 points .. what would have it been the score if they were making their usual 35~40% on 3-points? The Clippers do have work to do but so does the rest of the NBA to catch up with these guys ... Wow , just Wow!

Barring injuries, I don't see how any team in the NBA presently constituted can beat the Warriors in a 7-game series ... They weren't making their 3-points 7 for 20 yet they won , scoring 115 points .. what would have it been the score if they were making their usual 35~40% on 3-points? The Clippers do have work to do but so does the rest of the NBA to catch up with these guys ... Wow , just Wow!

You hit it right on...... "Barring Injuries"

As Ron pointed out the guy who splashed water on the court where Steph slipped should get the MVP as it showed how injuries can influence the outcome

Looks like the Clippers still have work to do. Warriors too strong last night.

I feel the Clippers match up better against the Spurs, slower and deliberate ball. Warriors too fast for anyone to guard. The only team now who can possibly keep up with the Warriors offense is - D'Antoni's Rockets. :D

I feel the Clippers match up better against the Spurs, slower and deliberate ball. Warriors too fast for anyone to guard. The only team now who can possibly keep up with the Warriors offense is - D'Antoni's Rockets. :D

And since the Rocket defense is lead by James Harden the Warriors would win ...

And since the Rocket defense is lead by James Harden the Warriors would win ...

Yup, Harden just looks...He probably feel he'll get back his 2 points anyway on the offense.

Bulls beat the Spurs at home. The Butler/Rondo/Wade combo is working. Bulls have solid materials and perhaps the deficiency of the Spurs now is the bench, with only Mills, Lee and Manu to rely on.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing