New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Harden was with Chris Paul a few years ago with the Rockets and I felt they were good. Now Harden has Kyrie, it can be said it's a better tandem.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I watched the Nets last week systematically and without KD totally dismantle and destroy the Lakers. They have an entire army of very adept 3 point shooters

Watching the Nets sweep the west in their pst 5 games suggest me unless things change or there are injuries etc there easily could be a Nets -Jazz finals

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Anf to Mike and Phil etc, I hate to say this but to me it is becoming very apparent that as good as the Clippers and Lakers are I don't see a Clipps -Lakers western conference final. It will be Utah vs ?? (and don't rule out the Suns yet)

The upstart Hornets play the Jazz tonight. I would love to see Ball take it to the Jazz

Steve Williams

NBA mailbag: Can the Brooklyn Nets find any defense without sacrificing elite offense?​

I used to say (and still do) that the run and gun offense of D'Antoni and now Nash?D'Antoni will wear out his players before the end of the season. Well it seems that with 3 superstars they don't really have to play defense, just outscore the other team and they have been doing that with ease

Steve Williams

As a Lakers fan the big unknown is AD and his calf sprain and achilles injury. I just have deja vu of KD being sent into that game 2 years ago claiming he was fine only to tear his achilles and sit out all of last year. I worry about the severity of AD's injury

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Shooters can make anybody look bad. Witness Steph Currry. KD had to pair with Steph Curry to win a championship. KI paired with Lebron. The regular season is just practice. Never count Lebron out.!

Reactions: Dimfer

Steve Williams

Shooters can make anybody look bad. Witness Steph Currry. KD had to pair with Steph Curry to win a championship. KI paired with Lebron. The regular season is just practice. Never count Lebron out.!
Le Bron as good as he is cannot do it on his own, Plus he's 36 yo and still has the last half of the season to play before the playoffs even start

I'm sure Pelinka is looking to make a deal.

FWIW De Marcus Cousins will be available again (Gasol just hasn't proved much to me and he has no backup)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It is possible AD is worst off than they are admitting. LA has proven they don't have to win the division. Home court advantage is not an issue. They will do fine with a middle round seed. Odds are AD will be back by then. I disagree. Lebron can put the team on his back if necessary. Remember they don't play the same team every day.
You Laker fans are spoiled. You do not have to win every game. :oops:

Last edited:

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
It is possible AD is worst off that they are admitting. LA has proven they don't hae to win the division. Home court advantage is not an issue. They will do fine with a middle round seed. Odds are AD wil be back by thin. I disagree. Lebron can put the team on his back if necessary. Remeber they don't pla the same team every day.
You Laker fans are spoiled. You do not have to win every game. :oops:
agree with this. the Lakers have probably decided they don’t have to be the top seed and phasing themselves out for the long run, considering the short offseason. I’ve read some fan comments somewhere that the poor performance of Miami Heat this season shows that last season’s championship is just a fluke. I think they are experiencing same thing as what the Lakers are going through right now.

Lebron might have lost a step or two, but he can still play. He is a very smart player and probably phasing himself as well. The competition might be tough this year, but the current Lakers lineup I think is still more talented than some of the Cavs lineup that LBJ brought to the championship series. Kuzma is showing he can contribute, they have to figure out a way to prevent DS from making those turnovers late in the game. I am a little frustrated with Morris lately but hope he steps up because he can contribute. The Lakers have shown that they still score in the paint when the 3’s are not going in, they should do more of that.

Reactions: Gregadd

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Despite what you hear, It is the Nets who are in doubt. They need to prove to themselves they can beat a healthy Lakers team... in the playoffs. In a way it may be in the Lakers interest to allow that doubt to fester for a while. IMO.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I thought it was 112-108

Bottom line is Nets are for real as they take wins from Clipps and Lakers. With all 3 of their stars they have to be favorites in the. east
Clippers made a last second 2 point shot that initially was posted by ESPN in the onscreen score but later not officially counted. Not that it reallly mattered one way or another, still a loss for the Clippers

Steve Williams

agree with this. the Lakers have probably decided they don’t have to be the top seed and phasing themselves out for the long run, considering the short offseason. I’ve read some fan comments somewhere that the poor performance of Miami Heat this season shows that last season’s championship is just a fluke. I think they are experiencing same thing as what the Lakers are going through right now.

Lebron might have lost a step or two, but he can still play. He is a very smart player and probably phasing himself as well. The competition might be tough this year, but the current Lakers lineup I think is still more talented than some of the Cavs lineup that LBJ brought to the championship series. Kuzma is showing he can contribute, they have to figure out a way to prevent DS from making those turnovers late in the game. I am a little frustrated with Morris lately but hope he steps up because he can contribute. The Lakers have shown that they still score in the paint when the 3’s are not going in, they should do more of that.
Despite what you hear, It is the Nets who are in doubt. They need to prove to themselves they can beat a healthy Lakers team... in the playoffs. In a way it may be in the Lakers interest to allow that doubt to fester for a while. IMO.
you guys have made my morning :)

I am a die hard Lakers fan and I can tell you that there has been a definite downturn in their quality of play, even with a healthy AD over the past 10-12 games. They have lost their 3 point shooting ability and the bench has seemed ordinary whereas in the first 10 games the bench could do no wrong

I haven't ruled them out but IMO there are better teams in the west and the Nets in the East look formidable but bottom line is it all boils down to a best of 7 series

I still believe the Lakers need to make a move before the trade deadline

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Anf to Mike and Phil etc, I hate to say this but to me it is becoming very apparent that as good as the Clippers and Lakers are I don't see a Clipps -Lakers western conference final. It will be Utah vs ?? (and don't rule out the Suns yet)

The upstart Hornets play the Jazz tonight. I would love to see Ball take it to the Jazz
I haven't seen the Clippers play championship level basketball yet but they did just beat the Utah Jazz.

Not that a single regular season game is indicative of playoff performance.

The Nets looked very good yesterday and Durant didn't even play so can't argue they aren't an outstanding team. Kyrie was the surprise to me as he was incredibly good in both recent Clips-Nets games. That said, Kyrie is not reliable over the long run. You never know what you'll get from him.

...and D'Andre Jordan looked great yesterday against his former LAC team. Looked like the DJ of his younger days.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I didn't think Montrezl deseerved a technical foul there - hit seemed inadvertent to me.

Wizards are creeping back into the game though.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing