New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Lakers are in free fall
They lost this very close game but they won almost all of the rest of the very close games so I wouldn't be too concerned (if I were a Lakers fan) ;)

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
The Jazz are on fire. Beat the Sixers easily.

best record in the league and they keep on winning
Snyder's a really good coach. Any opinions on Walton as a coach -- he seems to underachieve vs. talent at hand?

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
Final Wizards 127124

Bradley Beal is amazing

Lakers are in free fall
relax a little Steve

they’re on a slump, things will turn around after they rested on all star week.
you can see their ability to play well early in the game, they just have to sustain it.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
relax a little Steve

they’re on a slump, things will turn around after they rested on all star week.
you can see their ability to play well early in the game, they just have to sustain it.
Hi Dim

as I said I watch every Lakers game and to my eyes they are a totally different team than they were at the start of the season when they were crushing opponents.

Now they continue to start fast out if the gate, always building a big lead which rapidly disappears in the 3rd period and ten they have to play catch up which alters their game plan

Dim... I believe they are in free fall.Yes they will improve when AD and DS return however AD was in a scoring funk before his injury and he was not playing his game and his otherwise strong Defense was lacking

I believe Pelinka might be thinking trade

LeBron was as always great last night BUT as great as he is, he is missing more and more shots from the free throw line and many of his pull up and shoot are nothing but bricks.....yet having said this he and Kuzma have been carrying the team these past 5-6 games

As far as being rested after All Star, so will every other team. I just find that too many teams have dug their way out of a deep hole and roar back to win'

When's the. last time Lakers were losers of 4 out of their last 5 games? Probably the D'Antoni era when he drove them into the ground with his run and gun offense

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Serge Ibaka wearing some wild shoes tonight - very bright orange and yellow. Quite the fashion statement.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers end the Wizards winning streak at 5 games. LAC 135 Washington 116.

LAC heads out on the road for 5 games leading up to the All Star break.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics are officially a sub 500 team. Fans are screaming for the firing of both Ainge (do nothing) and Stevens (doing the same thing but not elevating). I have to agree. Ainge has not beefed up the lineup. There were so many no brainer FAs at the start of the season, and got 2 so so players. Brad may be another example of why Larry Brown is the only college coach to win an NBA title. Many have failed.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
who was last years hot team? Are they wearing a ring? hot teams regress to the mean.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well for me it all comes down to tonight's game Lakers vs Jazz in Utah. Lakers have a chance to redeem themselves but this is going to be difficult without AD and DS

Also Nets remain 1/2 game out of first having returned home undefeated from their roadtrip

Lakers may be in a slump as you all say and they need a rest by All Star Game. Bottom line for me is all the teams are in the same boat playing a game every other night so not an excuse I can give.

What is obvious to me is the emergence of top teams whoo otherwise were unf=heard from in years gone by.

There is no doubt in my mind that with the trade deadline looming near, and a league filed with excellent teams some trades are imminent

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Well for me it all comes down to tonight's game Lakers vs Jazz in Utah. Lakers have a chance to redeem themselves but this is going to be difficult without AD and DS

Also Nets remain 1/2 game out of first having returned home undefeated from their roadtrip

Lakers may be in a slump as you all say and they need a rest by All Star Game. Bottom line for me is all the teams are in the same boat playing a game every other night so not an excuse I can give.

What is obvious to me is the emergence of top teams whoo otherwise were unf=heard from in years gone by.

There is no doubt in my mind that with the trade deadline looming near, and a league filed with excellent teams some trades are imminent
Lakers are defending champions so I don't think their propects hang on one game tonight with Utah - especially since AD can't play. LAL might beat them tonight since the Jazz have had everything go their way so far this season - can't last forever.

You are correct that new teams are rising to the forefront and that is good for the NBA. Nobody wants to see the Lakers win another title - unless you are a Laker fan of course. ;)

Nets look like the best team to me even though it pains me to say that. Pretty tough to want to root for James Harden and Kyrie Irving.

Clippers could use some help in the backcourt so I'm hoping the can do a deal before the trade deadline - but they don't have a lot to assets to work with. Maybe Jerry West can work his magic one more time.

Reactions: christoph

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
So far wiyh the obvious notable exception of Steph Curry defense wins in the playoffs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing