New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Im a little concerned that Celeste 6-4 in their last 10 but possibly giving more rest to their starters asthe playoffs all go through Boston
I guess they're playing it 'safe', since they are not playing for anything in the seeding since they had bagged the best record a week ago. They played all their bench players yesterday and the silver lining was reserve young small guard Pritchard scored 31 points in the win over the Hornets. They should be ready in the first round, LOL.

Three way tie for first in the WC. So many possibilities as to who finishes where. Same for the 8-10 spot. If Warriors and Kings rally and Lakers lose they can end up in10th as both own the season series against the Lakers
Lakers control their own destiny if they want to be in the 8th spot to play the Suns who are 7th in the play-in. They just have to beat the Pelicans tomorrow. If they lose, yes, they will be at the 10th spot and another loss against the 9th placer will mean a fishing trip.

Reactions: Steve Williams
Lakers control their own destiny if they want to be in the 8th spot to play the Suns who are 7th in the play-in. They just have to beat the Pelicans tomorrow. If they lose, yes, they will be at the 10th spot and another loss against the 9th placer will mean a fishing trip.
The Pels are a hot team. It would be hubris if they beat the Lakers.

Reactions: jadis
About my Knicks: it has occurred to me over the last few games that I might be wrong about them, specifically Brunson. During this stretch he has reminded me of Jason Kidd when the Nets went to the finals, based on the simple fact that Kidd was simple the best player in every round. Brunson is not the most athletic, he's not the fastest, he's small, and no one expected this of him, but he can score (and does) on anyone in the league, inside or out, early or late in games. His will to win is second to none in the league. Can you imagine any other team accomplishing the season the Knicks have while losing their front line for 40-50+ games? Brunson is single handedly responsible for at least 30 wins this season, and is (IMHO) the true MVP, though not one of the anointed ones... Watch him during these next few weeks - he is one of the very few who has a history of upping his game during the playoffs... how much better he can get over these next few weeks could shock the league.

About my Knicks: it has occurred to me over the last few games that I might be wrong about them, specifically Brunson. During this stretch he has reminded me of Jason Kidd when the Nets went to the finals, based on the simple fact that Kidd was simple the best player in every round. Brunson is not the most athletic, he's not the fastest, he's small, and no one expected this of him, but he can score (and does) on anyone in the league, inside or out, early or late in games. His will to win is second to none in the league. Can you imagine any other team accomplishing the season the Knicks have while losing their front line for 40-50+ games? Brunson is single handedly responsible for at least 30 wins this season, and is (IMHO) the true MVP, though not one of the anointed ones... Watch him during these next few weeks - he is one of the very few who has a history of
No doubt about his play . But the only one who doubted him was Mark Cuban .:D

If and when the Bucks for get the door as Steve was saying, Lillard will be gazing at his next 3 or 4 years as a Buck with a Doc. Surely he can't ask for a trade again. As Doc cannot be fired again. :D

The die is cast. Let the Play In begin. Philly and Heat are projected to be either 7th and 8th, so the C's and the Knicks will have to deal with these 2 in the first round. :eek:

Denver falls to #2, so if the Lakers get the 7th seed, it will be a rematch but this happens in the 1st round.

What a finish I knew there would be surprises.
Biggest surprise is the Bucks fownfall and the Knicks finishing in 2nd. Bucks face the Pacers and I’m betting Bucks and Dic are dispatched early with their fishing pokes

kudos to the Knicks

Biggest thrill for me however was seeing my dream team OKC wrap up the top spot in the WC as they annihilated the Mavs by 29 points. Knicks in the EC are my Cinderella team and Thunder in the WC. SGA IMO will be the new face of the NBA

Denver finished tied with OKC but the Thunder had the season series advantage

IMO nothing is a given in either conference and everything is up for grabs

• Wow
Reactions: jadis and christoph
Much to my amazement Lakers, Kings and Warriors all win their needed final game and Lakers grab the 8 spot as they beat the Pels. But again hubris may strike as the Loss dropped Pels into the 7 th and Suns finish 6th. So it will be Lakers vs Pels again

• Wow
Reactions: jadis and christoph
I remained stunned about the Kingscfree fall as they finish in the 9 and Warriors in the 10. This will be an intense play in round. It will also mark the end of the Warriors dynasty one way or another

I hate to dwell on it but to me Doc is a loser and management and Dic should be fired. Doc as the alleged coach who would bring the Bucs across the finish line is looking at a 17-19 record. A first round exit is how I see it. Only guy I feel bad about is Dame

My second least favorite coach issue and he has a team with great players but they seem to fall flat every year. If same happens this year I would hope Ballard fires Lue. Ballard has the money to do whatever he needs to in order to buy a ring. Ballard wants that ring Maybe I’m wrong but I just never can bet in the Clippers

Finally the Lakers. Will they do what they did as last years Cinderella team. Lakers are just too inconsistent as they have spurts of greatness followed by losses to bottom teams LeBron always says anything is possible in a seven game series BUT they have to emerge from the Playin for a hope of that to happen

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing