New Audio Cable

calloway

Nov 3, 2011
danville,va
I thought I would write a short review of a newt me, interconnect cable that I recently purchased,that has taken my system to a new level of excellence.The creator of the cable is probably well known to many in the
audio world. Rick Shultz has started 2 previous audio cable companies,Virtual Dynamics and High Fidelity Audio.I purchased a number of his HFA cables and was very satisfied with their performance. Rick is a very interesting and very respected cable designer. He also is a very nice gentleman who I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with at a previous Axpona show.His new company is called Rick Schultz Audio. His approach to cable designing is unique and many of his designs have been patented.I found his HFCs to be among the best I had ever had.HIs new cable lines are not a complete departure from this HFCs but rather a significant new technology.( for complete information see his advertisements on Audiogon).I initially ordered a 2m RCA cable fro his Illumination line for my system to connect my Lumin X1 to my Chalice Audio 'Grail' SET mono blocks.I ket them burn in for about 100 hours before doing any serious listening.The cables are directional.My initial impressions os the Illumination cables were multiple.The soundstage was so much better than any previous cable I had tried.It is so much more consolidated with a Hugh improvement in clarity.Vocals were so much more tonally correct.I am hearing micro details not previously noticed.in my albums.After spending about a week with them I texted Rick to have him send me a pair of his 'Apparition' cables to compare, not really thinking I would find them significantly better.I was and am so wrong.They are more expensive, true,but are, without a doubt, the best RCA cables I have had in my system and they are not going anywhere.The improvement over the Illumination,was to me, worth the extra price.Now...the Illuminationis incredible and will significantly improve the performance of most any system they are introduced into.
In addition to Ricks new cables , he has a new 'contact Enhancer that is superb.I used it on the Apparition and it significantly improved the sound,The sonic PRESENCE was amazing. I previously was not a fan of contact enhancers ,having lost a speaker to a prior companies version.This enhancer is great.It flushes out the detail.Again...I can't say enough about how great these cables are.By far...the best I have had in my system.

Reactions: Synaxis
I thought I would write a short review of a newt me, interconnect cable that I recently purchased,that has taken my system to a new level of excellence.The creator of the cable is probably well known to many in the
audio world. Rick Shultz has started 2 previous audio cable companies,Virtual Dynamics and High Fidelity Audio.I purchased a number of his HFA cables and was very satisfied with their performance. Rick is a very interesting and very respected cable designer. He also is a very nice gentleman who I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with at a previous Axpona show.His new company is called Rick Schultz Audio. His approach to cable designing is unique and many of his designs have been patented.I found his HFCs to be among the best I had ever had.HIs new cable lines are not a complete departure from this HFCs but rather a significant new technology.( for complete information see his advertisements on Audiogon).I initially ordered a 2m RCA cable fro his Illumination line for my system to connect my Lumin X1 to my Chalice Audio 'Grail' SET mono blocks.I ket them burn in for about 100 hours before doing any serious listening.The cables are directional.My initial impressions os the Illumination cables were multiple.The soundstage was so much better than any previous cable I had tried.It is so much more consolidated with a Hugh improvement in clarity.Vocals were so much more tonally correct.I am hearing micro details not previously noticed.in my albums.After spending about a week with them I texted Rick to have him send me a pair of his 'Apparition' cables to compare, not really thinking I would find them significantly better.I was and am so wrong.They are more expensive, true,but are, without a doubt, the best RCA cables I have had in my system and they are not going anywhere.The improvement over the Illumination,was to me, worth the extra price.Now...the Illuminationis incredible and will significantly improve the performance of most any system they are introduced into.
In addition to Ricks new cables , he has a new 'contact Enhancer that is superb.I used it on the Apparition and it significantly improved the sound,The sonic PRESENCE was amazing. I previously was not a fan of contact enhancers ,having lost a speaker to a prior companies version.This enhancer is great.It flushes out the detail.Again...I can't say enough about how great these cables are.By far...the best I have had in my system.

I always love hearing about people's experience with different gear and companies products.

Thanks for sharing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing