New Ethernet Noise Control from CAD

The emo en30 is not a filter , it’s a simple galvanic insolation transformer
Weather this product sounds good or worse in using it does show a need for network isolation in my view.
I’ve read comments it makes the sound softer or various changes
I don’t doubt anyone’s observations
but I do believe it’s a must try for any audio related network but where it’s used matters
it never helped if direct to dac itself
My opinion

the emo is not for audio it’s for data transmission in isolation medical grade products.

the Amount of conversions we do for networks in audio is so complicated and confused I can’t understand how it works at all.
So to my mind more conversion to optical transmitters and receivers with error correction
And then again other hard wire data is a massive undertaking.
any network needs data correction it has many different features to try or turn off
has anyone turned this off ?

try and post Results but make sure if you try you keep the volume very low before

remember usb ? has anyone tried galvanic isolation
I did it made changes but since it blocked dc power many usb dac devices were problematic.

An LPS is to me an upgrade on its use in network systems I use them well.
now do they make things better yes but to make comments It’s complicated

Now here is something to try and should make a difference for the better

tidal allows for downloads right ?
well way back when the tidal desktop version sounded better then the streaming version if used on roon.
If we download the album it’s stored on your computer, streamer or what ever including your phone
now your no longer streaming it’s actually just playback local
so try this and comment
Also do the same with the desktop version
post your comments

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu