New Power Conditioner in the System

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Got this High Fidelity PRO Helix Signature Power Conditioner burning in currently.
This is one serious conditioner!!

Attachments

• PROpc2.jpg
    PROpc2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 184

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Actually reminds me of something Nicholas Tesla would have invented!

Reactions: Al M. and jeff1225

onlychild

Sep 18, 2019
Got this High Fidelity PRO Helix Signature Power Conditioner burning in currently.

Very curious to hear your thoughts on this. I’m a big fan of HFC and have been eyeing this conditioner for quite some time.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Still burning-in, but I like what I hear so far.
I have everything, including my mono amps and plasma TV, plugged into this monster.
You hear the terms - veils lifted, 3-D imaging, etc.
That's what I'm hearing and I assume it will only get better.
One thing nice is that the power cords plugged into it seem to react the same - whether they are inexpensive and expensive cords.
So I'm thinking it will save me the cost of using expensive cords on everything feeding into it - we'll see.
Also, may experiment with the grounding posts provided on the conditioner.
Rick Schultz told me they also are routed through the massive magnetic Waveguides.

Reactions: Alrainbow

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015
Looks impressive. What's the cost?

onlychild

Sep 18, 2019
Still burning-in, but I like what I hear so far.
I have everything, including my mono amps and plasma TV, plugged into this monster.
You hear the terms - veils lifted, 3-D imaging, etc.
That's what I'm hearing and I assume it will only get better.
One thing nice is that the power cords plugged into it seem to react the same - whether they are inexpensive and expensive cords.
So I'm thinking it will save me the cost of using expensive cords on everything feeding into it - we'll see.
Also, may experiment with the grounding posts provided on the conditioner.
Rick Schultz told me they also are routed through the massive magnetic Waveguides.

Thanks for the impressions. Like all other HFC products, this should go through some major changes over the next few weeks. Keep us posted.

Reactions: gfroman

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Reactions: gds7368 and bazelio

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
You can read about the concept of Magnetic Induction on the High Fidelity Cables website.
Basically, a powerful focused magnetic field forces electrons to the center of the cable, avoiding distortions from skin effect, RMI/EMI.
I don't really understand it, but love the audio results!
Thanks

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
You can read about the concept of Magnetic Induction on the High Fidelity Cables website.
Basically, a powerful focused magnetic field forces electrons to the center of the cable, avoiding distortions from skin effect, RMI/EMI.
I don't really understand it, but love the audio results!
Thanks

Thx.
Interesting story on their website.
Curious about how they realize this effect in their cables.

Last edited:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Incredible looking power / line conditioner. I read where the elite series weighs in at 178 lbs. so I'm assuming this bad boy has to be around 100 - 125 lbs.

If you're up for a little experimenting with performance, you might consider removing the coupling discs from under the footers first making sure the footer are fastened tight to the LC's baseplate and then let it settle into the subflooring for a week or so without any movement whatsoever to see if you hear any improvements.

I can't tell much about the footers design or their materials, but if you do try this experiment, make sure the line conditioner is already positioned where you prefer it to be for a long time. Because if my hunch is correct, you're gonna' hear a series of little but still distinct improvements over time and you'll never want to move it or touch it again - implying you'll wish you had placed it in your preferred location from the start.

But it's just a hunch.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Look like a high frequency passive conditioner. My thought is a good product
Advice avoid SW psu devices into it. As it cleans these will also pollute.
I’m curios as our site is bette then our hearing do this ok ?
just use it for your tv and cable only
Use it and comment compared to not using it. Let us know of you can see a better image when used. I’m guessing it will be a notable improvement.
I noticed this on other power conditioners

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing