New Product Announcement the Divin Sovereign

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
some early customer quotes
"still tuning at micro level. So far excellent, beyond expectations. Incredible how easy is to make these subs work, alone or together. They produce real bass, other subs are low frequency runble machine."
These are the words I found texted to me this morning..

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
For the Bending Wave speakers does Oliver now prefer the Sovereign to the vertical array subwoofer tower?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
For the Bending Wave speakers does Oliver now prefer the Sovereign to the vertical array subwoofer tower?
I can't speak for Oliver however the large multiple Aeon subwoofers are really not affordable for most and and are extremely large. I personally prefer two subs in a system and with the Sovereigns that is somewhat practical :) and with the Aeon subs it is truly only for a limited few. The Sovereigns are IMO incredible and I have not heard the arrays in a very long time but at thier price points I decided not to bring them into the US as I don't see them as something I can really sell. The Majestic is much the same these few products are for a very small select group and that group can listen in Germany and decide if this is what they want. I look at those items as a true custom order event.
Back to the sovereigns , this client has had many subs and sub arrays ( no names mentioned) he returned or sold the others as they made his system worse. I posted his comments in the post following the picture and I just spoke to him earlier today. He and I feel the same way as to what they did in my room and in his.
Oliver did an amazing job and the subs are something that should be heard in a great system.
See you at Axpona and we will have the subs there and I will try my best to get a great result in the room.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Ron, Are you going to MOC? Please if you are DM me.
Thanks,
Elliot

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I can't speak for Oliver however the large multiple Aeon subwoofers are really not affordable for most and and are extremely large. I personally prefer two subs in a system and with the Sovereigns that is somewhat practical :) and with the Aeon subs it is truly only for a limited few. The Sovereigns are IMO incredible and I have not heard the arrays in a very long time but at thier price points I decided not to bring them into the US as I don't see them as something I can really sell. The Majestic is much the same these few products are for a very small select group and that group can listen in Germany and decide if this is what they want. I look at those items as a true custom order event.
Back to the sovereigns , this client has had many subs and sub arrays ( no names mentioned) he returned or sold the others as they made his system worse. I posted his comments in the post following the picture and I just spoke to him earlier today. He and I feel the same way as to what they did in my room and in his.
Oliver did an amazing job and the subs are something that should be heard in a great system.
See you at Axpona and we will have the subs there and I will try my best to get a great result in the room.

Very interesting. Thank you, Elliot.

RCottin

Oct 21, 2017
some early customer quotes
"still tuning at micro level. So far excellent, beyond expectations. Incredible how easy is to make these subs work, alone or together. They produce real bass, other subs are low frequency runble machine."
These are the words I found texted to me this morning..
As we have discuss many times, my Reference Aeon work really well in my room, with plenty of well defined, deep reaching bass. However it is a large room, and I like some more weight and impact in the low frequencies, and at the same time get the extra sense of space and atmosphere that really good subs can conjure. Previous experiments went really bad, as none of the subs I tried were able to keep up with the speaker speed and resolution, and all I was getting was a false sense of depth, without a defined leading edge of definition. Not trying to say all other subs are bad, just saying that there are “horses for courses” and in my setup and room conditions, oliver subs are really something different

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Ive been working in my room with the Divin marquis's for some time. I have added two Divin Sovereigns and have them now integrated and positioned such that I am thrilled with the results. IMO this is Gobel at its best in a reasonable size room. Mine is 16 by 23 with 10 foot ceilings.
In Olivers new rooms at the Gobel factory and showroom he has a large room and a larger room. These rooms are shown in the video's posted. The ability to let these large speakers "breath" and really come to life is a terrific experience. I think that the "tool" needs to fit the job and although everyone might lust for a Noblesse or a Majestic doesn't mean they have the right space for them to flourish.
I have had the experience at a few shows with the Noblesse to get a glimpse of thier potential but shows are only that with very little time to optimize the set up let alone fix the bad acoustics in these rooms. Oliver built two wonderful rooms and the systems both sounded great.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The addition of the PSU and AKASA power cord to the server has been a wonderful experience and a significan t addition to my listening system.
My client just left and was blown away by what he experienced. He has heard every different version of what I have done for the last few years and told straight out that this was the best he has ever heard. Its really fun to get the system to a point at which it truly gets one lost in the music and has the weight, texture, continuity and feel of so many different pieces of music. My tastes are all over the place and today I played a bumch of new things, and some oldies, and every one felt right. It didnt matter if it was rock, blues, jazz, large scale classical, solo piano and or violin it was all just great. Divin Marquis/2 Divin Sovereigns/Gobel Cable system/ CH L10, M10 and Wadax Reference Server DAC and PS
a few of the pieces payed
Guantanamera - The Stimulators- Voodoo Swing
Keep the streets empty for me- Fever Ray - Fever Ray
Still Smiling -Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld- Still Smiling
Dowin the hole John Campbell- Howling Mercy
Mercy - Hilary Hahn Cory Smith- in 27 pieces
you come here often? for paino solo- Yuja wang - The American Project
A small measure of peace- the Last Samurai a filmscore

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Audio used to be much more fun before the jaded attitude took over the industry. Today I was interviewing someone for a new project that I am planning for our company and the candidate is a woman that loves music and owns with her husband a small system in their home. She is a music lover but certainly has limited experience with high end audio. Alas audio used to be an experienced based business. THis means that people used to come into audio stores and be presented with a quality musical playback experience. It wasn't about gadgets and gizmos, watts and slew rates, or copious amounts of audiophile approved buzz words. The sound of the music stood on its own and this experience was enough to evoke some response form the listener. This was how I was introduced and IMO the right way, which is very different than gear love, this is not to say that both aren't relavent but this was how I feel people should be exposed and ususally what had happened to many "high end products and services' in my lifetime. I didnt just go buy a really expensive bottle of wine in the dark, nor a watch , nor a car, nor anything else, but that's just me.
Her reaction was priceless. She said that she could not believe how clear it was, how there was no sensation of listening to speakers nor being in a smallish room. She really enjoyed almost being able to see the musicians.

It made me question just how we as an Industry/hobby/buisiness have IMO gone down the wrong path and seem to only keep replicating the same things over and over. More shows, more reviews, mor e of the same old stuff the only thing there isn't more of is fun, enthusiasm and joy.

The thing I did realize is what I want to do is probably the right path for us, time will tell.

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Its been a little while since I did a listening session.I was busy the last week and dealing with some typical business BS but yesterday and today I got the chance now that I believe everything is as settled in as its ever going to get to do some miniature adjustments and see what I can get from the system if anything. Im looking for "more" and I am almost embarrased to say what I did and how insane the system is working right now. I just brought in one of my friends that has listened to this system dozens of time and he always gets a kick out of what can be done without really seeing that anything has changed.
The system is faster and clearer but that's just the impression one gets when you forst start to listen but its just more realistic and less confinded then ever before. Its soft and loud , gentle and rough, its sweet and salty and never gets out of control. Its more fun than ever.
What did I do you ask?
well I moved my front speakers maybe 1/16th of an inch foward into the room and readjested the subs by reducing the bass level by .2 db. Sounds rediculous, I get it but its not. Its the finsl touches that take the time and desire to find and to keep going that make the whole thing truly sing.
Is there more to get? I truly don't know but maybe this summer I can try to find out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing