Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
new sovereign.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
so after about 8-10 weeks of being in pain and trying like heck to get healthy from various injuries and the crude that is going around I finally did some experiments in my showroom. Its been a while since I had the time to sit and listen and of course felt well enough to enjoy.
I had a client come in today that was interested in Sovereign Sub/Subs. So I played him one sub and then two subs and then saved a very special surprise for him for last. SO much of a surprise that he didn't really want to waste his time after he heard the two subs as he was florred with the sound in the room.
He said you don't need to switch the sub power cords the system has the best bass I have ever heard. I said plese give me another 5 minutes of your time. He agreed.
I removed the 20 amp power cables that I was using for the subs. These are high end normal 20 amp power cords that you can buy online for30-40. I plugged ttwo Gobel 20 amp power cords in.
I played the same 3 pieces of music at the exact samevolume level that I played them before.
He sat and lsitend.
His comments. "that was not at all what I expected"the difference in the space, the space between the noted, the feeling of the size of the room and the stage its just way different and by different I mean fantastic. How is that even possible?

Sometimes Audio can be a lot of fun.
He sat down and listened for another 45-50 minutes :) Its fun when people get it and want it,
Merry Christmas

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
These new Arya Audio Labs AirBlade HYPE Loudspeaker Drivers takes these speakers to a whole new level ! WOW

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Its been a busy holiday time but today I finally got the time to finsih dialing in the Sovereign subs in my room. It is hard to explain the difference finsihing setting them up with the Gobel Power cords and Norm Varney's EVPs have done but the result is very easy to hear and appreciate.
The Divin Marquis with the two subs are just flat out amazing in my room. It is something that I hope that I will be able to recreate at the showscoming in 2023.
Happy Holidays

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
IM not sure how to explain what I am about to say however I will do my best. I havent really spent a lot of time with my system this last quarter for some personal health issues and perhaps those small things took away from my desire to see if I can improve my set up after CAPFEST.
I brought the gear back but after setting it back up I spent only a little time trying to get it back to where I had it. I did that but perhaps I was lazy or perhaps just not feeling well so I left it.
I am not saying it wasn't good because it was but just did not spend much time trying to make it better. I received to Gobel 20 amp power cords back from the review that was done by Robert Harley and I placed them on the two Divin Sovereign subs I had in my soundroom along with Divin Marquis and its been playing now since November mid month. I have done a little listening, I alwasy spend time each week but not feelling that weel it was morecasusal listening and trying to escape and relax.
Today , feeling really good, and causght up at work, and the speace quiet with our guys out doing installs, I spent some time in the room.
I am planing playlists for the Axpona event and starting going through a lot of what I have in my 5 lists and as the system started to heat up and settle in, I got sucked in. LOL
I started with subtly repositioning the subs, very very small incremets and then just doing some subtle changes on the set up on the Marquis and Viola it really locked in and the system caught serious moonlight haha more like fire.
The subs with the power cords now fully settled in allowed me to get more energy in my room, don't really know why to be honest ,. but the system now is a beast , it has more slam, dynamics both micro and macro are the best I ahve ever had in my room.
I only hope I can get some semblance of this at the shows...

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Thanks for sharing and wishing you good health. Can I ask if Robert used Goebel speaker cables or did he stay with his Audioquest Dragon? His review lists Audioquest so I suspect that's what he used but just wanted to be sure. Many thanks

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thanks for sharing and wishing you good health. Can I ask if Robert used Goebel speaker cables or did he stay with his Audioquest Dragon? His review lists Audioquest so I suspect that's what he used but just wanted to be sure. Many thanks
We did not supply cables other than two Gobel power cords for the subs.

Reactions: ashandger

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
We did not supply cables other than two Gobel power cords for the subs.
Many thanks for the feedback Elliot. If you ever get to hear the Noblesse or Marquis with any of the Dartzeel amps then please do share your impressions as I suspect they could be a great match.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Many thanks for the feedback Elliot. If you ever get to hear the Noblesse or Marquis with any of the Dartzeel amps then please do share your impressions as I suspect they could be a great match.
I am sure they would I have heard the gear but not with my speakers. In the US and particulaly where i am you don't see it very often.
OLiver is buidling as we speak/or finishing is a better description two large world class rooms at his new facility and perhaps he might have them there. I dont know but I guess its possible someday.
If I get a client that has them I will be happy to report

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
BTW we will be showing with ARC at Axpona for the first time. That should be fun

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I can honestly say that what is playing now is the best sound i have ever had in my room. I'm not exactly sure what I have done, since I just made some micro adjustments , but Kaboom , the system is singing and the energy has increased quite a bit.
I havent in the past spent a lot of time with adding subs since I never liked the balance with the subs that I had tried in the past, even some of the "special" brands. In this case the sub is made by the same company and is quite different from what I have used in the past and the whole thing just kills it in my medium sized room.
I alwasy hate it when I have to tear my room down for shows as it means that it will need to be rest up but alas my fear that I will never get it back LOL alwasy seems to be the exact opposite and it always gets better. Ifrom now on will loose the fear and trust myself :)

Reactions: marty

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
For those ofyou who have not experienced what a sub like this can do it is quite extraordinary. I realize these aren't small and have a large price to pay but in my room they have transformed the whole nature of what I thought the Divin Marquis could do and I thought that it was a truly remarkable speaker. I have listened to the Noblesse in big rooms and wanted that sound in my room ( less the obvious issues at shows) but had a difficult time getting there based on the size of the space. With the sovereigns and the marquis I beleive I have gotten there and more. With some of my favorite recordings I have the feeling of those small to medium sized clubs and halls I love so much to listen in. The sound envelops me, I can ride the music like waves to the shore and my foot and boody just can't remain still. I don't know why the micro and macro dynamics are better, I don'tknow why it is more transparent and there is more information, I don't know how this happens but I do know that after a few days of playing with the woofer positioning and getting them dialed in like I did with the main speakers something truly unique has happened.
There is something special happening, something I have never experienced before and I have tried different subwoofers in the past as pairs and stacks but they didn't do what this is and they never made me really happy. That was in the past and this is now.
I need to call Oliver and try to expalin what I am hearing LOL

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
cfe3847a-14d5-4d74-bf84-9906cc33bc4f.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing