Hong Kong
IMG_20220510_080404.jpg

Reactions: RideCA

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
In US, does it need shipping back to CH in Switzerland for upgrading C1 to C1.2?
I think so however I will meet with CH in Munich and get the specifics and will be happy to let you know on my return.

Reactions: knghifi

pweg

Jun 7, 2014
Australia
I think so however I will meet with CH in Munich and get the specifics and will be happy to let you know on my return.
According to my dealer no it doesn’t. New boards slot right in. I guess we will all find out in due time.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
According to my dealer no it doesn’t. New boards slot right in. I guess we will all find out in due time.
Upgrade kits will be available from October 2022 and will require return of the original unit to a local distributor/service center.

That's what it says so I guess it depends where you are

Reactions: pweg

zbub

Jun 27, 2013
According to CH -

Upgrade Kit retail prices: €4,000/$4,000 and the kit consists of:
New digital processing board
New PSU board
New rear panel interface board
New handy IR Remote Control
New, composite Aluminum/Polymer grounding spikes (and anti-seize compound)
New rear panel section carrying C1.2 designation and serial number

C1 and C1 Mono units manufactured before July 2020, will also require an upgrade to the latest 800 x 480 AMOLED display, at a cost of €1,100 or $1,200.

So the total cost of C1.2 upgrade for me would be $4,000 plus $1,200. While this total doesn't seem excessive, but the upgrade kept the existing dual DAC/output boards, so either CH believes the exisiting DAC architecture is still (quite) SOTA and thus FPGA firmware updates are enough to bring up its perfomance, or the DAC portion will be addressed with perhaps C10 or C1.5?

FWIW, the HD board upgrade (to bring a C1 to C1.1) was DEFINITELY money well spent. Therefore the C1.2 upgrade could still be quite interesting to me.

RideCA

Oct 18, 2021
Seattle, WA USA
Upgrading the C1 to full C1.2 status involves changing three internal boards. This makes the task unsuitable for end-users and it should be carried out by a qualified technician. However, we envisage these upgrades being carried out ‘in-country’ and they should not require the unit’s return to Switzerland.

In Munich, we will be demonstrating both the C1/C1.2 upgrade and the digital upgrade path as far as four boxes, starting with the D1.5 and culminating in the D1.5, C1.2, T1, X1 combination. We will also be playing the 10 Series amps (with Rockport Lyra speakers) and demonstrating the difference between the L1/X1 and the L10.

In addition, we will be hosting a series of 'visiting presenters’ including Jim Anderson and Ulrike Schwarz who will be talking about producing, mixing and mastering the Impex/Patricia Barber Album Clique! and Roy Gregory and Dennis Davis of TheAudioBeat.com who will be comparing and contrasting the latest digital and vinyl formats. Both presentations promise to be entertaining and informative. Of course, they will both also be making use of the D1.5/C1.2’s multi-format capability and should give further, detailed insights into its performance.

Kevin Wolff
Head of International Sales

CH Precision Sàrl
ZI Le Tresi 6D
1028 Préverenges
Switzerland

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
For those in the gold ole USA they units will be done in Dallas, Texas so they don't have to go back to Europe. Schedule is sometime early fall / late summer

Reactions: knghifi

zbub

Jun 27, 2013
Just read this from CH website for C1.2 -

Volume Control​

• Switchable for mono (input L + input R) output.

It appears the C1.2 update addressed one complaint I had with C1/C1.1. Before C1.2 we were only able to either mono left channel or mono right channel, not summing two channels into one.
However my question is whether this "mono" option can be chosen under DAC mode (connecting to a preamp) or must be under DAC Controller (connecting to a poweramp)?

The C1.2 just became even more valuable to me : )

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing