New record rack from Hifiwoodworks

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
I have been looking for a way to store my records and wanted something more than Ikea boxes. After perusing numerous online rack designs that vary along the price-quality spectrum, serendipitously I found Hifiwoodworks on Etsy and reached out to them. This is an unsolicited review and I have no financial interest in this company.

What impressed me most was how responsive Drew (the owner) was to my questions, and we chatted back and forth (at midnight his time!) to hone in on my custom design for a double rack in mixed walnut-ambrosia wood and with record divider dowel pins; this one is 32" wide and 42" tall for my specific space. He even picked specific pieces of wood based on my request for more grain/pattern on the accent horizontal surfaces while keeping the side walnut pieces to match the rest of my office. The craftsmanship was superb and clearly lots of attention was paid to details all the way down to the shipping crate it came in.

I am more than pleased with this purchase and would gladly recommend them for any future audio furniture endeavors!

IMG_5728.jpg
IMG_5733.jpg

Great looking rack Keith! Has a mid-century modern vibe to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: keithc
They do look nice.

I have quite a few records and I am using the IKEA storage units. They are fine although a back strip to stop records from sliding to far back would be nice. I thought I saw such an aftermarket product advertised at one point. I should have purchased them, lol!

What is everyone using?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu