New Wadax Atlantis Reference Dac

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'll stick w my superficial view, thanks. It wouldn't be the only piece of gear where panel lights are a potential issue.

Btw, there are guys serious that lights/leds impart poorly on SQ. Maybe they're called SeriousOfMusic.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Well, if in that price bracket, I would pitch the Aries Cerat Kassandra Limited Edition. A 120 kilo assault on digital. It is actually quite a bit cheaper than the 3 box DACs we are discussing here.
With all my respect. I see a lot of despective opinions from you on that way... I'm very surprised that a brand seller like you can reduce his opinion to a kilograms vs price comparasion.... I don´t think you are taken the right way to have a prestige opinion.... I don´t care, i don´t work on audio world.
Just a recommendation....

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Stereophonic, so, let me get this right. Others can say the Wadax Ref is ugly w no comment from you. But I mention ONE design aspect I had issues on ownership of another piece that seems similar, and I'm criticised.

Fine. Just look at the photos again and tell me the main central light wouldn't bother you in a dark room.

If it's dimmable, fine. If it isn't, well...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I think this thread is going down hill, we should leave it for a discussion on Wadax sonics for a few pages at least till we disrupt it

Reactions: gian60

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Stereophonic, so, let me get this right. Others can say the Wadax Ref is ugly w no comment from you. But I mention ONE design aspect I had issues on ownership of another piece that seems similar, and I'm criticised.

Fine. Just look at the photos again and tell me the main central light wouldn't bother you in a dark room.

If it's dimmable, fine. If it isn't, well...
I know very well this kind of light because i had a Wadax Arcadia before purchasing my Atlantis DAC/Server and you are right because it has the same light as the Ref. DAC.
The blue light is a bit strong, but as i say one thing i can assure you i could live very happy the rest of my life with an Arcadia one if i couldn´t afford the Atlantis one.
But it is a picture effect, as you can see with my Arcadia unit.....It doesn´t bright so strong like the Reference picture.
187B0672-9175-4D2B-A721-3B9810227FDA.jpg
I'm sorry if i have bothered you.
I've started this thread because this is What's Best Forum, and the Atlantis Reference DAC is the most advanced DAC made ever.....
I don't care about form, i like sound.....
Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mentanalyste

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
That's rather obvious.

Weight-wise too. The Select 3-box is around 150lbs totally.
Come on CK !!!! You know very well Wadax line and all the propietary technology it is applied on it....
Even, as you know, if we would have to put the MSB Select DAC comparasion, that would be the Atlantis DAC, no the Reference DAC....
Regards.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I think this thread is going down hill, we should leave it for a discussion on Wadax sonics for a few pages at least till we disrupt it
You are totally right Bonzo. Sadly, for now, there are only one unit finished and we will have to wait to Roy's report or other listeners opinions.
I think another unit will be finished to Munich....

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Of course that's my point. Probably in a short time I can hear it here in Spain, in Sound Sevilla.

Javier and Roy with the Ref DAC :

Reactions: nirodha

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Come on CK !!!! You know very well Wadax line and all the propietary technology it is applied on it....
Even, as you know, if we would have to put the MSB Select DAC comparasion, that would be the Atlantis DAC, no the Reference DAC....
Regards.
Hello Stereophonic,
I all along admire the dac of Wadax very much.
I listened to the Atlantis many times and it's on my personal top ten dac league table.

But sorry, I cannot agree with you that it's on par with Totaldac Twelve Mk2 and MSB Select.
These two are still my most favorite dac.
This may be my personal taste/preference.

But I have very high expectation on this new Reference DAC.
Audioexotics has refused all people to listen to it after the debut last Saturday, because Chris wanted to burn-in it continuously for 10 days or 2 weeks before allowing visitors to listen to it again.
I will certainly go for a detailed audition and update you on WBF.

Last edited:
Reactions: the sound of Tao

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
How can i post a video? What is the allowed extension?
Thanks.

above the post box are a bunch of icons. Click on the one with 3 dots and the drop down will bring you to "media" where you can insert your video

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I think Take 5 is the rock equivalent of "Stairway to Heaven". I can't listen to it anymore. It's been played to death.

When, oh when ,will this ever increasing price spiral of hi end audio ever end. It's destroying the industry IMHO.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Reactions: ayreman

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Reactions: ayreman

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Ok, I may have misinterpreted your emoji ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing