New Wilson Speaker

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
And the Maxx3 replacement will be called the Alendria or the Alandria? ;)

Perhaps one the reasons for these A starting names is that they show first in buyer guides. A good friend of mine named his sons and daughters with names starting in A expecting them to sit in the front row at school ...

BTW, I really loved the XLF.

No... Maxx 5 would be just fine :)

"Alexandria X-2. Alexandria XLF. Alexia (ALEXandrIA)." is exactly correct. Thank you, Steve! :)

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Some additional info on the Alexia from the AA Wilson forum:

Impedance: 4 ohms, 2.0 ohms minimum @ 80 Hz

Tweeter extension: 32 kHz(Sasha: 22 kHz)

Woofer cabinet internal volume: 18% more than Sasha

Height (without spikes): 51.25 inches

Weight: 256 lbs

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I understand that the Alexia will be debuting at RMAF 2012. Can anyone confirm this? And I wonder what potential buyers think about the Alexia versus a used Maxx3. Different tweeter, new vs. used, scale and adjustability etc. Perhaps they would be better served waiting to buy a used Maxx3 after it is replaced by a Maxx 5 with the new tweeter. The old Maxx3 would they go down a bit more in price.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing