Not too many Acoustic Signature owners here?

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
Congratulations Odd Harry,

Your new Ascona Neo looks absolutly beautiful. A perfect present for the midsummer holiday!

Cheers

/ Jk
Thank You Johan
I am very happy with the player , Cheers
OHS

Reactions: Johan K

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Big congratulations, Harry!

Reactions: Odd Harry

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
Oooh, sandwich platter.

Looks like maybe you got the 24K gold option, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odd Harry

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
Oooh, sandwich platter.

Looks like maybe you got the 24K carat gold option, too.
Hi, yes it is a sandwich platter with 24 K

Reactions: Johan K and BillK

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
Last edited:

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
Thank you :)
OH, How do you like or what are the differences in sound between the VDH Grand Cru compared to the Colibri XGW. Thanks

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
OH, How do you like or what are the differences in sound between the VDH Grand Cru compared to the Colibri XGW. Thanks
My Man jonaiken,

How are you these days? Long time no see! How’s your massive Ascona doing? All good? Sound as good as it looks? Any updates?

Cheers / Jk

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
My Man jonaiken,

How are you these days? Long time no see! How’s your massive Ascona doing? All good? Sound as good as it looks? Any updates?

Cheers / Jk
Johan, Going well and hopefully also for you. The recent addition of the DS Audio Grand Master Optical Cartridge was a nice improvement over the W3 Optical Cartridge. Analog is supreme in my system over digital - Both vinyl and tape. J-Corder just restored my Technics RS-1500U R2R and will be getting that back next week. So All Good - Enjoying the music. You?

• Love

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Johan, Going well and hopefully also for you. The recent addition of the DS Audio Grand Master Optical Cartridge was a nice improvement over the W3 Optical Cartridge. Analog is supreme in my system over digital - Both vinyl and tape. J-Corder just restored my Technics RS-1500U R2R and will be getting that back next week. So All Good - Enjoying the music. You?
Yeah I’m doing very well, thank you. Last days of vacation here… so I am enjoying the music too. Sounds awesome, so I’m happy. Glad to hear your system do so well. Japp, that DS Audio GM is very good. I have heard it many times and I like it. Always nice when old gear gets restored and updated. Cool !

/ Jk

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
Hi Jonaiken,

VDH Grand Cru. is more detailed and there is more air then Colibri XGW. overall, i will say you get more out from the grooves with the VDH Grand Cru but is not like day and night.

OHS.

Last edited:

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Some days ago I joined the Acoustic Signature camp as well, a silver

Acoustic Signature Invictus jr MkII

is now installed on top of my Artesania Exoteryc Rack.

The Invivictus jr is supported by a CMS base between the Rack and the acoustic glass Phono Top shelf from Artesania.

Currently I am looking for the best matching platter mat. The original leather mat is a well balanced compromise, changing to some some other brands do show better performance in some areas, but with the price of lost over all balance.

My favorite is currently the vintage Audio Technica Ceramic platter plus the light weight HRS platter weight.

Next week I will receive the OMA graphite platter mat as a distributor loan, looking forward to it.

IMG_2421.jpg IMG_2422.jpg IMG_2423.jpg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

The Invivictus jr is supported by a CMS base between the Rack and the acoustic glass Phono Top shelf from Artesania.

Currently I am looking for the best matching platter mat. The original leather mat is a well balanced compromise, changing to some some other brands do show better performance in some areas, but with the price of lost over all balance.

My favorite is currently the vintage Audio Technica Ceramic platter plus the light weight HRS platter weight.

Next week I will receive the OMA graphite platter mat as a distributor loan, looking forward to it.

View attachment 116279 View attachment 116278 View attachment 116277

WOW! A big congratulations to you!

Reactions: shakti

hogen

May 15, 2018
Oslo, Norway

Congratulations, I have the exact same table. Could not be happier:)

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Hi Shakti,

How do you find your new turntable? Do you like it? How do you find the sound from Invictus jr alone? In compare with your other TT’s… where do you place this one? Many questions at once, but I’m very exited to hear your reaction.

/ Jk

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC

Congrats Shakti - great looking table. I hear nothing but great things about the table and its sound. Several AS TT owners have successfully used Synergistc Research’s TT mat including myself. It did improve the sound

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing