Oh my, oh my - Aries Cerat Helene DAC

I can't stay silent - today we received Helene DAC, "baby" DAC from Aries Cerat. What a baby, what a beauty. From the very fist second the sound was sublime, digital rarely gets better than this - in form of Kassandra DAC only probably. I am not saying this lightly, just compare Helene to all the big guns, you would be surprised. Rich, transparent sound, real body of instruments, timbre to die for, as analog as possible, but most importantly, natural music flow, touching your heart and soul. Be warned, after listening you might need to sell some very expensive equipment. But there is solution - you buy Kassandra LE, thus may be less painful.

Hi

We always say to turn off the equipment when not in use.
Tubes are not getting less rare and is a total waste to leave them on.

Ageto tubes have short life span.

Best
Stavros

Hi

We always say to turn off the equipment when not in use.
Tubes are not getting less rare and is a total waste to leave them on.

Ageto tubes have short life span.

Best
Stavros
What about the balance between hours on the tube and on/off cycles on the lifespan of the tube?
My practice has been to turn on at some point during the day and turn off after the last listening at night.

What about the balance between hours on the tube and on/off cycles on the lifespan of the tube?
My practice has been to turn on at some point during the day and turn off after the last listening at night.
Yes this is what we recommend,sorry had to elaborate more on that.. If you will have more than one sessions within the day, turn it up on first session and turn off after last one.

-Do not leave 24/7
- do not turn on-and-off everytime you want to listen within the day.

Best
Stavros

Reactions: wil and christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu