Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
It's not the tube feelings and comments it's the insult to all who own it. Maybe since some feel there a top tier reviewer and audio god it's ok to make others feel dumb.
Wow how can this be if one does not even own a setup. It's just amazing to me how a few cronies chime in hehehe too It's grade school comments. You should not hurt others who own A setup but did not pic your top tier choices. How audio works is we all read and comment and while I agree some do know more and can help , I don't agree to trash others ideals
And the cream on top you don't even own a setup lol. You can't make this stuff up really
Going to someone's place and then laying claim to know all after a few hours is amusing to me.
In fact all I know you own is a older Lampi gg dac and of course it's better then any dacs made by Lampi after it. Lol it's comical and I'm being nice now.
I enjoy your Company and in person your not the godly snob as online lol. If this is how you really are fix it bro get therapy many laugh at you and I try to say no he is not really like this.

A very disappointed audio buddy

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Well then everything is good. These days people are recommending everything without being discerning or discriminating. I have not said bad to somebody's set up. I really don't know why this attitude to get offended by someone who doesn't like something. That is more of an issue than not liking something. It is a tube. Not someone's wife or mother.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Kedar you know me and it's not about me nor the money I have spent
It's for the poor person who buys tubes or a dac and needs or even deserves to feel good for a while.
To trash there purchase os not cool man.
Someone spends 20k on a pac and in your view your 4 year old dac is better. In what world is this ok man
Or the guy who saves up his money and does this over two years and now has them , like cris and now as he uses them and lies to his wife how much they cost. He then reads your posts and your cronies hehehehebe posts did he need to get trashed
Boring is a harsh word man better to say his wife's food sucks lol.
You were upset st me for telling someone it was horrible yet you do this online to all who reads this.
I made a promise to you not to do that anymore
Even while like you I had only good intentions.
I love and truly need good honest advice always
I don't get offended by her stuff stinks I'll ask why help me. As I have done to you. The time you were at my place asked and whine your were kind I still knew how far off it was. Now since then many hours to get it where it is.
And again I welcome you and others in your honesty
Now having said this I'm odd man out and don't think many are out there like me and as your upset on my view of the taks I'm guessing your not like me hahaha. But it's better ok man really is.
Just consider the people you snd your laughing cronies are offending
And cris I'm sorry of your upset about the taks you own

Reactions: christoph

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Al, I am unable to write an feedback here without being attacked in case someone out there is super sensitive. Maybe they shouldn't be on forums if they want to feel good about stuff they buy in case something negative comes up

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Hahaha so you still don't admit it's condescending
I guess my hopes are all gone now.
It's ok though
Let me know when you grow up and own a setup

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hahaha so you still don't admit it's condescending
I guess my hopes are all gone now.
It's ok though
Let me know when you grow up and own a setup

Let me know when you fix yours :p

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
It's fixed why do you think I want you back now hahaha.
Shit new amps and new caps in them
New pre new caps
Better interconnects and moved the speakers 20 feet off the front wall now.
No more boom just a wall of sound and good staging even at 8 feet sitting
It is far better then Before but hey when you don't know you can't fix things
You know who helped me.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lol. I'm looking to try an Elrog 274b, which has the potential of making everybody here feel bad if it bests all the usual suspects.

I really want to try that. The Elrog 300b is so much better than the Tak 300b, even though 300b is not a preferred tube of mine in the Lampi.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Hi Al, I am unable to write an feedback here without being attacked in case someone out there is super sensitive. Maybe they shouldn't be on forums if they want to feel good about stuff they buy in case something negative comes up

Certainly no personal offense taken by me and my Taks. I'm enjoying beautifully reproduced music and the Taks are reliably glowing away and contributing to that sound. I don't need approval or support for what tubes I use, lol, but I felt it useful to anyone reading this forum to point out that your proclamation doesn't fit my experience.

I have never heard the Golden Gate, but from what I've read and been told by people who have, is that the Pacific is considerably more transparent (you could even say less colored). This would have an impact of course on the how the Tak's and 300b's sound. If your reference isn't the Pacific with the Tak's, maybe you don't have that good a feel as to how they interact with the Pacific compared to someone who has 100's of hours with the combination.

Reactions: Golum and christoph

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Certainly no personal offense taken by me and my Taks. I'm enjoying beautifully reproduced music and the Taks are reliably glowing away and contributing to that sound. I don't need approval or support for what tubes I use, lol, but I felt it useful to anyone reading this forum to point out that your proclamation doesn't fit my experience.

I have never heard the Golden Gate, but from what I've read and been told by people who have, is that the Pacific is considerably more transparent (you could even say less colored). This would have an impact of course on the how the Tak's and 300b's sound. If your reference isn't the Pacific with the Tak's, maybe you don't have that good a feel as to how they interact with the Pacific compared to someone who has 100's of hours with the combination.

I have heard the Tak 300b in amps too. For me it's the same. users with 100 hours with a combination of anything get used to their set up. When they change a few years later they realize in retrospect.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Kedar you know me and it's not about me nor the money I have spent
It's for the poor person who buys tubes or a dac and needs or even deserves to feel good for a while.
To trash there purchase os not cool man.
Someone spends 20k on a pac and in your view your 4 year old dac is better. In what world is this ok man
Or the guy who saves up his money and does this over two years and now has them , like cris and now as he uses them and lies to his wife how much they cost. He then reads your posts and your cronies hehehehebe posts did he need to get trashed
Boring is a harsh word man better to say his wife's food sucks lol.
You were upset st me for telling someone it was horrible yet you do this online to all who reads this.
I made a promise to you not to do that anymore
Even while like you I had only good intentions.
I love and truly need good honest advice always
I don't get offended by her stuff stinks I'll ask why help me. As I have done to you. The time you were at my place asked and whine your were kind I still knew how far off it was. Now since then many hours to get it where it is.
And again I welcome you and others in your honesty
Now having said this I'm odd man out and don't think many are out there like me and as your upset on my view of the taks I'm guessing your not like me hahaha. But it's better ok man really is.
Just consider the people you snd your laughing cronies are offending
And cris I'm sorry of your upset about the taks you own
Hi Al
Thanks for your extensive posting here and that you jump to the Tak owners defense but I need to set some statements of yours straight:
- my wife knows exactly how much my gear costs and she is happy for me. She finds it peculiar to buy tubes for the price of a custom made horse saddle and I find it peculiar the other way around ;)
Probably you confuse me with ThomasK in this regard.
- unfortunately I don't own either the Taka 274b recti nor the Taka 300b. "Unfortunately" because I really love that combo. I have to thank a very nice gentleman for allowing me to try those precious jewels in my system :cool:
- I DID compare the Taka 274b to all the usual suspects and the Taka recti is indeed my absolute favorite.
In fact, we had several guys here and all of us preferred the Taka over your new darling Frankie (aka USAF 596) and others.
This is valid in my system with my DACs (Pacific and TRP, recti only obviously) and to our ears.

If the Takas were just a bit less expensive, I already would own them :oops:

Reactions: Golum and Alrainbow

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Al
Thanks for your extensive posting here and that you jump to the Tak owners defense but I need to set some statements of yours straight:
- my wife knows exactly how much my gear costs and she is happy for me. She finds it peculiar to buy tubes for the price of a custom made horse saddle and I find it peculiar the other way around ;)
Probably you confuse me with ThomasK in this regard.
- unfortunately I don't own either the Taka 274b recti nor the Taka 300b. "Unfortunately" because I really love that combo. I have to thank a very nice gentleman for allowing me to try those precious jewels in my system :cool:
- I DID compare the Taka 274b to all the usual suspects and the Taka recti is indeed my absolute favorite.
In fact, we had several guys here and all of us preferred the Taka over your new darling Frankie (aka USAF 596) and others.
This is valid in my system with my DACs (Pacific and TRP, recti only obviously) and to our ears.

If the Takas were just a bit less expensive, I already would own them :oops:

Hi Chris. I didn’t realise you had a Pacific - congrats. Any piccies of your system now?

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Hi Chris. I didn’t realise you had a Pacific - congrats. Any piccies of your system now?
The Pacific is so much better than my previous GG1.9. It is not in another league, it is rather another sport alltogether (and I REALLY loved my GG).
And the TRP is also a very special beast. It is way too good for it's price :oops:

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Chris is a shy guy so he does not really like to share his new toys :cool:
BTW - mention the nickname of your Pac ;):D

wil

Jul 22, 2015
I have heard the Tak 300b in amps too. For me it's the same. users with 100 hours with a combination of anything get used to their set up. When they change a few years later they realize in retrospect.

Well, perhaps in a few years I can look forward to recognizing my error and climb from this pit of self delusion...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Reactions: bonzo75 and Golum

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Pictures will explain why this nickname;)...and it just goes where others can’t...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing