Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
The thread of Lampi's Golden Gate dac has been (for me anyway) very informative, interesting and fun. However, Lukasz is on the brink of launching a new top of the line dac called Pacific. According to Lukasz the new Pacific dac will be extraordinary and he believes that it can compete with the 'big guns', including dacs that are much more expensive such as Mike's select dac. Well, who knows?

If everything goes according to plan I will be able to listen to and test the new Pacific dac in my Tidal LA/Kondo set up in about three-four weeks time. Really looking forward to that (and actually a few things more but I will keep the latter to myself until I know for sure what these new developments have brought me, sonically speaking).

A few of our members have undoubtedly received some (inside) info on the new Pacific dac. Hopefully they can share some of this already with all of us. So therefore I have opened a new thread on this promising new top dac from Lampizator. I hope this new thread will be as informative and interesting as the GG thread. 46028818_2291524254412833_5229321758909136896_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Beastie with seven exposed tubes and heat sinks .. Should be fun indeed.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I think it will be 3 exposed tubes. The other 4 tubes are part of the redesigned Power supply system. What I heard is that the CHASSIS height will be 50 to 100% taller than a GG.
Stacore feet, new front panel display giving playback rate readout, metal remote control, new clocks, and most importantly a major uplift in SQ.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I think it will be 3 exposed tubes. The other 4 tubes are part of the redesigned Power supply system. What I heard is that the CHASSIS height will be 50 to 100% taller than a GG.
Stacore feet, new front panel display giving playback rate readout, metal remote control, new clocks, and most importantly a major uplift in SQ.

And also a dedicated grounding binding post as Lukasz has been impressed by what grounding is bringing to the audio table.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Anyone know the output section design? Same kind of DHT outs as the GG?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Anyone know the output section design? Same kind of DHT outs as the GG?

Cannot really answer your question but Lampizator has totally redesigned and improved the tube stage calling it "active triode loading". Futhermore the Pacific will employ a new tube heating scheme that is apparently more quiet and more precise than the GG dac.

Hopefully we can find out soon how all this - including quite a lot of other changes in the design - translates into sound quality.

Trab

Apr 3, 2017
Cracow / Poland
Exposed copper heat sink in Superkomputer is one of my beloved design features in modern audio, along with exposed tubes in BIG7/GG line. Looking forward to see and hear Pacific too.
Isn't it that Pacific, with its size and heat sinks incorporates streaming abilities from Superkomputer and so, has ethernet RJ45 input ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Exposed copper heat sink in Superkomputer is one of my beloved design features in modern audio, along with exposed tubes in BIG7/GG line. Looking forward to see and hear Pacific too.
Isn't it that Pacific, with its size and heat sinks incorporates streaming abilities from Superkomputer and so, has ethernet RJ45 input ?

I think the Ethernet input, built in roon renderer, and a new chip that will be much better will be added to multiple Lampi models, and the GG too has a new circuit, so most models should face an overhaul. As Sujay reported, he also has a high gain and low gain setting on his Big 7 now. Where Pacific gets the add on from these features is the added new 4 tubes in the power supply, much bigger sink and power supply, and possibly even an enhanced 4 output tubes (2 pairs in series). Did hear that Luaksz thinks existing users have not heard what DHTs are capable of yet. There will be special DHTs too - if you see the difference between a normal KR or EML 45 and the special EML 45s, that will be done for many other tubes, specially designed for the Lampi. I don't think it should make a difference whether you run it with the Superkomuter or not except where you want to use the built-in roon renderer (in which case you need the roon controller on another computer which in this case can be the SK).

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
OMG..where have I been for the past decades? I have just been hinted on this upcoming model. :(

The thread of Lampi's Golden Gate dac has been (for me anyway) very informative, interesting and fun. However, Lukasz is on the brink of launching a new top of the line dac called Pacific. According to Lukasz the new Pacific dac will be extraordinary and he believes that it can compete with the 'big guns', including dacs that are much more expensive such as Mike's select dac. Well, who knows?

If everything goes according to plan I will be able to listen to and test the new Pacific dac in my Tidal LA/Kondo set up in about three-four weeks time. Really looking forward to that (and actually a few things more but I will keep the latter to myself until I know for sure what these new developments have brought me, sonically speaking).

A few of our members have undoubtedly received some (inside) info on the new Pacific dac. Hopefully they can share some of this already with all of us. So therefore I have opened a new thread on this promising new top dac from Lampizator. I hope this new thread will be as informative and interesting as the GG thread.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl

You are very well informed ;)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That's just an entry level 300b dac, Tang.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
That's just an entry level 300b dac, Tang.

Oh..sorry. Some guy talked about 3 big tubes. I thought this is it. Goofy me. :p

Tang

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
not even...its a one off dac for his tube company. only 1 ever made.

i am now hearing that the pac may have 5 exposed tubes.

The more the prettier :rolleyes:
MY wife LOVES exposed tubes, she can't get enough :cool:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
most intrigued to hear what you think, Audiocrack!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing