Palawan, El Nido With Jack And Margie Duavit-The Rest Of The Story

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
nice to see that you enjoyed your trip to the Philippines. I am glad that you had some nice wather to see the beautiful sight .. and somehow experience the "rain" that you will never experience in California. In the Philippines, when it rains, it pours it added another dimension to your experience.

Philippines is a beautiful country and a lot to offer to the tourists... but I think the most beautiful of it all is the hospitality of the people.

Filipinos are known for giving people nicknames. A Canadian FB blogger (interesting story, look him up if you have time) named Kyle was nicknamed Kulas, and if you stayed longer, I think you will be eventually nicknamed TEBAN

I really wish I could visit my old country same time as you did to visit Jack's for the third time and eventually hear Jim's, but we have family members from the Philippines and the US visiting us at exactly the same time. Unfortunately, my wife hate the long plane ride and we visit the Philippines not frequent enough... now we are doing our own R&R and currently stuck here in Playa Mujeres ?

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
I guess this thread is the best testament that "it's more fun in the Philippines"!

Thanks Steve for the great pictures and we're really glad that you had a wonderful experience in our country. Hope to be able to visit you in Southern California soon and listen to your likewise mind blowing system.

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
It was more that it was very overcast. In sunlight the water is crystal clear and the hues change depending on the depth of the water.

Mahalo for the info.

I haven't been to Palawan, but if I was voting for the "Best Island in the World," Peter Island would get my vote.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Every one gets to vote. Mine would actually go to Pamalican Island but this is for resort stuff though. I believe El Nido won the traveller's awards not so much based on the resorts in them but rather the nature. Cliffs, caves, the hidden lagoons, bio-diversity and other things.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
WoW!-- Great Trip and experiences !--being a Tech Diver I'd certainly love to go dive the Palawan waters:D

Kudos for the pics highly enjoyable

BruceD

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Mauidan,

On post #64, Saint Peter Island looks really nice and comfortable. I hope to visit some it some time. May I ask if you have been to Amanyara?

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi BruceD,

On post #66, check out tubataha reef. It's around the Palawan waters. It might lure you to plan a one week dive.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Hi BruceD,

On post #66, check out tubataha reef. It's around the Palawan waters. It might lure you to plan a one week dive.

Yoh M, Yes indeed I googled the Images--great reef colour alright--definite one for the Diary--thank you:D

BruceD

nephilim

Jul 16, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It was such a pleasure to meet you and Cathy. Sorry for the late reply. It's obvious that I hardly log on to the forums I used to frequent before. I haven't even opened my laptop for days on end, unless I do have to work on stuff at home. You are and will always be welcome in this part of the world. :) All the best to you and Cathy.

Albert Von Schweikert

[Industry Expert]
Aug 22, 2016
California
www.vonschweikert.com
Steve, thanks for sharing your Asian adventures with your wife, Jack and Margie. I've visited them twice and was impressed with their warmth and hospitality.
Your photos were really nice; now I want to visit Macao and that resort you stayed at! Alas, too much to do and too little time.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Steve, what a fab story teller you are. A wonderful trip Cathy and you certainly had, with the blessings of the warm hospitality of Filipino culture and friends.
That island sure looks amazing! It's bookmarked for a trip.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing