PayPal Refund? No Refund of Processing Fees! How do YOU like to pay?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Another PayPal policy update.
''We are clarifying our PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay services terms, including that they may only be used to make multiple or bulk payments, not individual or other ineligible payments, and that merchants are responsible for obtaining the applicable consents from their payout recipients.'' It may mean a big change for some.

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida
In the last 7 years or so, I had never had a problem either .... but now I have one. I sold my turntable last month to a buyer in a private sale, who paid me via Paypal. For the last 3+ weeks Paypal has frozen my account and demanded all sorts of 'proof' including photo ID, proof of home address, tracking number, proof of delivery etc. Even though the buyer emailed Paypal to verify the transaction details and say that he had received the item and was happy, they have contined to conduct 'investigation' and delay the transfer to my bank account. This is despite numerous calls to their customer service team, outsourced to the Philipines or somewhere like that. I'm now beginning to worry whether I will get my money at all. NEVER again will I use Paypal for anything. BEWARE guys! There's something omnious going on here.

I had that happen to a guy I bought something from. It arrived safely and as described and I left him positive feedback. He contacted me two days after I had gotten the item to tell me the transaction was being investigated and the funds I gave him had been held up. I have no idea why since there was no complaint on my end. I had to call PayPal and tell them everything was fine and to pay the seller. I asked them why this had happened since there was proof of delivery and that I had not lodged a complaint. They told me they do this when transactions look "suspicious." Now why the sale of a $1000 cable by a U.S. seller to a long-time verified U.S. buyer raised a red flag, I'll never know.

Last edited:

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida
Citi Bank did not honor the payment. Per the terms of credit card services, I can not demand an alternative payment although I did request it. He legally can keep my product without payment and I have no legal recourse. This customer resides in the US and chose not to honor alternative payment.

This event has caused us as a business to reassess purchasing terms and it also certainly affects our ability to provide the best pricing for other customers.

Wow, that's awful. There are a lot of sc*mb*gs in the world. I should know because I work in the gambling industry. I could never sleep at night knowing I cheated someone, but like I said, there are a lot of sc*mb*gs.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing